Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Should I get a restraining order!?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 27 Replies
Recently my ex and I of a year and a half split up. I am currently 7 weeks pregnant. We mutually decided to end our relationship. About two weeks after we split up I found out I'm pregnant. I was pregnant last summer as well but that ended in miscarriage. My child's father has been nothing but scum and a pain. He begged me to abort for his new girlfriend. Now he's threatening to take full custody of our child away. He tells me I make his life worse. Why won't I die, he wishes I would die... But he loves his child and new gf. I have been experiencing bleeding issues and told the ex we need to stop fighting for sake of bean. I have gotten into several tiffs with his gf. He laughed when I said he needs to stop threatening me and fighting with me for the sake of our child. He yells at me saying I'm a piece of crap, a horrible person, psychotic and that he will make sure I never see our child. I shut off his phone because I wasn't dealing with his threats. He proceeded me to contact me through another number. I asked his gf to ask him to stop contacting me. She agreed and then twenty minutes I get a call from his new number threatening me with custody, and police. I've saved his messages but the ones where he expresses the wish for my death were phone calls not text.. I can not deal with these threats over custody. He is not fit to be a parent. He has no concern over this baby he just wants to use it as a pawn to hurt me. What should I do. Will a police report help protect my baby from him? I don't need this right now :(
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 13, 2014 at 7:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
krisnkids
by Gold Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 7:49 PM
4 moms liked this
You need to file a report with the police and then go to court for a restraining order. Stop answering your phone unless it's a number you recognize.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 13, 2014 at 7:53 PM
7 moms liked this
And you can always tell him you had another miscarriage. Move far away from there and have a happy life.I may sound cruel but thats one thing I wish I did just scooped up my youngins and left far far away
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 13, 2014 at 8:34 PM
He has no job currently, I work full time. He has a piece of shit car. He used to sell weed. Did it in the last month. I was on bc when this baby happened. I did not plan to have such a loser
Of a father for this baby. He lives in a house where he rents a room. If I file a police report will this help in keeping him away from
The baby once he or she is born?
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Jul. 13, 2014 at 11:43 PM
Yes you need to not answer your phone and file a report. Even if you don't get the restraining order at least you are documenting.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cjsmom1
by Gold Member on Jul. 15, 2014 at 2:46 AM

Keep proof of everything. I would file a police report and completely ignore him. It probably won't stop him from getting visitation but how he's mentally unstable, a threat to you, and will help show he should get minimal supervised visitation.

virgoj3
by Member on Jul. 15, 2014 at 9:21 AM
3 moms liked this

get a restraining order NOW and stop talking to his GF

and his threats are BS - he is trying to make you miserable and don't you let him succeed. 

Nisha929
by Bronze Member on Jul. 15, 2014 at 9:36 AM

After everything I just read, I can't believe you even had to ask if you should get a restraining order. Of course you should. You should also stop answering his calls and stop talking to his girlfriend.  

deltathree
by Gold Member on Jul. 15, 2014 at 12:13 PM

this.....

Quoting LifeCafe42: Yes you need to not answer your phone and file a report. Even if you don't get the restraining order at least you are documenting.

mamalena137
by Bronze Member on Jul. 15, 2014 at 12:37 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree not to answer your phone unless you know the number. If he leaves you a voicemessage threatening or making any bad comments, you have it documented. I don't know what the laws are in your state, but if you don't put him on the birth certificate I think he would have to do a dna test to establish paternity. If he's broke and doesn't seem to really want to be involved I doubt he'd do the test.

nena8790
by Member on Jul. 15, 2014 at 12:47 PM
1 mom liked this

First off I love legal questions :)

Second, you need to ignore all his calls and his texts. There should be no reason you need to play into that kind of senseless drama. There is no way he is taking your child. 

If there is a way you can download an app that will record your conversations I would do that. Of course you have to tell him that his calls will be recorded. If he continues then you have enough stuff to take him to court and have a restraining order on him. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)