Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Social media Trolls

Posted by on Jul. 15, 2014 at 3:45 PM
  • 15 Replies
1 mom liked this

This is what I picture when I see negative comments from people, nothing but a bunch of trolls on the other side.

We all come on here to get advice, to get peoples intakes on what's going on in our lives. If you don't agree with the original post that's fine, not everyone will agree but is it absolutely necessary to use profanity to get your point across? If you feel you can't express your thoughts without using such language then here is a tip, don't respond at all. Believe me it takes more energy to sit there and type up a bunch of negativity then to click back and go into a different post. Not to mention the time you waste on being a cyber bully and acting completely unclassy to others. We are grown, leave the senseless drama you have in your mind right where it is instead of emanating it out into the world. With that being said I hope you all have an AWESOME day. I know I am, I just got my bonus check, Thank you Jesus!!!

[url=http://www.pregnology.com/pregnancy/01/05/2013][img]http://www.pregnology.com/preggoticker2/777777/000000/My%20pregnancy/01/05/2013.png[/img][/url][url=http://www.pregnology.com]Make a pregnancy ticker[/url]

by on Jul. 15, 2014 at 3:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Callaly
by Jessica on Jul. 15, 2014 at 3:51 PM
1 mom liked this

I really don't see negative comments or people bashing others in this group very often, there are a few here or there but nothing compaired to other groups.

Yay for bonus check!

nena8790
by Member on Jul. 15, 2014 at 3:58 PM

I didn't think there would be any here but believe me there here!!!! lol. 

Quoting Callaly:

I really don't see negative comments or people bashing others in this group very often, there are a few here or there but nothing compaired to other groups.

Yay for bonus check!

Callaly
by Jessica on Jul. 15, 2014 at 4:05 PM
1 mom liked this

I am pretty active in this group, I personally have never really expierenced it and never really saw anything on other posts unless the OP was not using common sense.

Quoting nena8790:

I didn't think there would be any here but believe me there here!!!! lol. 

Quoting Callaly:

Yay for bonus check!

diaperstodating
by Queen24Princes on Jul. 15, 2014 at 4:08 PM
1 mom liked this
Bump
Frances0923
by Bronze Member on Jul. 15, 2014 at 5:01 PM
I'm always on this group and we are pretty nice to eachother ... I hope with this new anonymous button the trolls won't come out to play on here like on Moms Confession
nena8790
by Member on Jul. 15, 2014 at 5:05 PM

It's funny you should mention that anonymous button, the ones who posted were anonymous. I think it will totally bring out the trolls.

Quoting Frances0923: I'm always on this group and we are pretty nice to eachother ... I hope with this new anonymous button the trolls won't come out to play on here like on Moms Confession

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 15, 2014 at 10:52 PM
1 mom liked this

oh you mean like  certain anon members are social media trolls - they're everywhere!ninja

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Jul. 16, 2014 at 10:59 PM
1 mom liked this
It's easier to bash when you are sitting behind a screen not face to face. People are entitled to opinions same as yours or different but expressing them appropriately makes all the difference
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cjsmom1
by Gold Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 12:42 AM
1 mom liked this

I think sometimes people may come off as being trolls or rude without meaning to. Since we don't know them and can't see their tone of voice in may be interpreted wrong. There were a few members that I thought were a little rude until I really thought aout what they were saying. It wasn't nasty but honest without sugar coating what they wanted to say.

nena8790
by Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 11:06 AM

And I understand when some one is giving their advice. I can be an adult and realize that maybe they are not saying it in a bad way. But there are people on here who will give their advice and throw words in like, fuck, bitch, stupid, idiot....ect. Now when your reading a comment and those words are not used it easier to read the tone of voice, but when people start using those words then its obvious they are being mean and nasty. Those are the people I am referring to. Not the ones that are giving constructive criticism.

Quoting cjsmom1:

I think sometimes people may come off as being trolls or rude without meaning to. Since we don't know them and can't see their tone of voice in may be interpreted wrong. There were a few members that I thought were a little rude until I really thought aout what they were saying. It wasn't nasty but honest without sugar coating what they wanted to say.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)