Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

When you're sick

Posted by on Jul. 19, 2014 at 9:42 PM
  • 22 Replies
What do you do with your kids when you're sick on a weekend? I have my son full time. I don't have family or friends who live nearby.

This morning I woke up with a stiff neck and right shoulder and it's still killing me. On top of that I have a sore throat and ears and a low grade fever. I've cooped the poor kid in all day. Wwyd with the kid? I feel bad.

Ps: We are just watching spider man right now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 19, 2014 at 9:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TaylorBaby
by Member on Jul. 19, 2014 at 9:43 PM
1 mom liked this

i just tell them that mommy doesn't feel good and that i am going to be laying down today. then i either go back to bed or watch cartoons with them.

Miss_Magnolia.
by Member on Jul. 19, 2014 at 9:46 PM

my two are very understanding to when I'm sick. They're somehow better behaved. They realize I guess that they can play extra videogames and do "whatever" if they let me relax.

Luckily I don't get sick often.

krisnkids
by Gold Member on Jul. 19, 2014 at 10:51 PM
It's hard when they are young but mine tend to reverse the rolls and take care of me.
cjsmom1
by Gold Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 1:26 AM

Ds is nine so if I'm not feeling well he'll usually leave me alone so I can relax.

Nisha929
by Bronze Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 8:03 AM

My kids are 9 and 14 so they can pretty much entertain themselves when I'm sick. Unless we had something planned, I don't feel bad about being sick because...shit happens. They will try and take care of me though :) 

bexbex
by on Jul. 20, 2014 at 9:00 AM

it sux when you are sick but it sux worse when there sick too. iv been so sick that iv had the dr out to the house but my on was sick too and believe it or not you find it in you to get up to go on to get them fluids and wash out there sick buckets. i mean it not like how yyou would normally look after them but you still do it. i remember falling asleep on my son bedroom floor when he had a scary fever 

RocknRoll.Rose
by Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 9:30 AM
That sounds like strep to me. I have no one to help me.with the kids either, except my 11 year old. I accidentally sliced open my wrist a couple of weeks ago and ended up in the ER with 3 kids by myself all night. Luckily my boyfriend showed up to save the day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LuvMommysBabies
by Bronze Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 10:30 AM
I take medicine and keep moving. I lay down when they nap. Sick or well I don't get to stop.
mrsary
by Silver Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 10:31 AM
I do the same. My kids are only 4,6 and a very slow 9.
mrsary
by Silver Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 10:33 AM
When I get hospitalized my kids go to temporary foster care. Thats only happened twice so far.

Quoting RocknRoll.Rose: That sounds like strep to me. I have no one to help me.with the kids either, except my 11 year old. I accidentally sliced open my wrist a couple of weeks ago and ended up in the ER with 3 kids by myself all night. Luckily my boyfriend showed up to save the day.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)