Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

I have no idea!

Posted by on Jul. 19, 2014 at 10:28 PM
  • 9 Replies

The guy I've been crushing on for the last 3years came in to my work again today. He smiled for me but didn't smile for my coworker. Last night I dreamt that I worked up the nerve to call him, invite him out, and then finally tell him how I felt. Oh boy. I honestly don't know what I should do. :/ Numerous mutual friends have told me that they thought we had been dating or they thought we should date.

I'm so unsure of everything. This is all new to me. I mean, after being with one person literally right out of high school and for 14 subsequent years really didn't prepare me for adulthood quite the right way. I have no idea how to behave, no idea how to approach someone I like. I feel like I'm in high school all over again with this. *sigh*
by on Jul. 19, 2014 at 10:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 19, 2014 at 10:43 PM

I wouldn't mind being in HS all over again.  It would bring back the many memories I had.  Yet, I think of only one when I left HS and sometimes would like to talk to him.  So many things to say, yet he's no where to be found.

Just be yourself and have a little fun, flirt and enjoy.   

krisnkids
by Gold Member on Jul. 19, 2014 at 10:49 PM
1 mom liked this
I say go for it. I asked out my "soccer husband" and we have now been dating for 6 months and it's rather serious.
ANewMe0812
by Bronze Member on Jul. 19, 2014 at 10:50 PM
Ask him out! Or at least make your interest in him known. You'll never know if you don't try.
cjsmom1
by Gold Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 1:28 AM

I'm shy so I would probably have one of my mutual friends inquire about if he's single

Ridingsolo
by Bronze Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 3:44 AM
[quote name="cjsmom1" id="0"]

I'm shy so I would probably have one of my mutual friends inquire about if he's single

[/quote

I'd def make sure he is single first. If he is, get a bit more chatty and see if you can find a common interest...then suggest doing it together sometime.
harleigh07
by Bronze Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 2:04 PM
Start making small convos with him. Like. How was your weekend. Something like that to get to know him a lite more then go from their.

If you already know he's single then just ask him out!! :)
kjdama
by Kira on Jul. 22, 2014 at 2:56 AM
The part I didn't mention is that I currently am friends with him. :) I do know he was dating someone but recently she broke up with him. That's when I suddenly started running into him everywhere and seeing him at my work. I hadn't seen him or talked to him since December at the town Christmas festival.
ANewMe0812
by Bronze Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 10:08 AM

If you're already friends, then why not suggest going to dinner or something? 

Quoting kjdama: The part I didn't mention is that I currently am friends with him. :) I do know he was dating someone but recently she broke up with him. That's when I suddenly started running into him everywhere and seeing him at my work. I hadn't seen him or talked to him since December at the town Christmas festival.

dragonflyvee
by on Jul. 22, 2014 at 5:21 PM

I say go for it! Take a chance. If it isn't reciprocated, at least then you can move on without always wondering "what if?"

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)