Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Birthday party manners... Seriously ppl!!!

Posted by on Jul. 19, 2014 at 11:57 PM
  • 10 Replies
So today was DS birthday pool party. On his last day of school I sent home invites. No one called or RSVP 'd. I kinda expected that since it was 2 months out. Anyways...

So I bought just enough food for everyone that was going to be their. After being at the pool for over an hr the pizza came. Out of the blue 3 kids show up to eat it! We only had 3 slices left so I have it to them. Then I saw them playing with DS party invite!!!! Crap!!!

Their parents never RSVP 'd plus they never came up to us stating they were their for his party! Then it's cake time. I didn't have enough for me and my dad :( all well... I felt bad for the kids. Then it was time for presents. Did they bother bringing one.... NOPE!

Then!!!!! After everyone leave except 3 of my friends and their kids the parents just up an leave leaving the kids! The party got over at 3 and the parents still weren't back! Wtf!

So you come to my party unannounced expect me to feed your kids and then watch them! Who the hell do you think you are!?!?

It was frustrating. Other than that it was a good time and I definitely got some sun! :)
by on Jul. 19, 2014 at 11:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 1:21 AM

I hate when people don't rsvp. I always have extra food just in case because we have had this happen a few times. How old are the kids? Depending on the kids age I would have asked you if I was expected to stay. I'd never ever go to a party without a gift.

harleigh07
by Bronze Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 10:48 AM
My DS just turned 7 so I would assume the same age. They didn't know any better. That's why I felt bad for the kids :(

I'm on a tight budget so I couldn't go crazy but I will have to rethink everything for next year...

Quoting cjsmom1:

I hate when people don't rsvp. I always have extra food just in case because we have had this happen a few times. How old are the kids? Depending on the kids age I would have asked you if I was expected to stay. I'd never ever go to a party without a gift.

katemckenzie
by Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 10:49 AM
Manners*

But that shit pisses me off.
harleigh07
by Bronze Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 11:07 AM
Haha! I didn't even catch that! Dang auto correct! I'm on mobile.

Quoting katemckenzie: Manners*

But that shit pisses me off.
deltathree
by Gold Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 11:48 AM
1 mom liked this

wow - SMH!  That's awful.

Jenn8604
by Gold Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 11:59 AM
So glad my son is special needs. All the parents of the kids in his class will probably not leave their kids alone until oh at least high school.
One goes to swim lessons with him and his mom just told us there. the other we play with now and again at the park and she told me then and even called to RSVP.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
harleigh07
by Bronze Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 12:26 PM
Yea. Good etiquette!! More people need it apparently!

Quoting Jenn8604: So glad my son is special needs. All the parents of the kids in his class will probably not leave their kids alone until oh at least high school.
One goes to swim lessons with him and his mom just told us there. the other we play with now and again at the park and she told me then and even called to RSVP.
brieri
by Platinum Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 10:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Etiquette for shore!  hehe

sid1083
by Silver Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 3:53 PM

I'm bad about RSVP-ing. I usually get the invite and set it down in a place where I think I'll remember . . . and then it gets covered. I don't intentionally think "hey, I'm going to make their life hard". If it's that big of a deal, just don't invite them in the future and explain to your son why.

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Jul. 22, 2014 at 1:14 AM
Rude
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN