Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New here!

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 5:12 PM
  • 2 Replies
So while I'm still technically married, I'm about to be a single mom and thought I'd join and get to know yall.

My husband told me about an affair he'd had back in April (he'd met a woman on Facebook, and had fallen for her and slept with her). We tried marriage counseling for about a month but he lied and said he stopped talking to her...turns out he never gave her up. Hes been making excuses for a while now..."you cheated on me 6 years ago and I haven't been happy since" (I kissed another guy while we were dating), or "You didn't take care of yourself or the house and I lost interest" (thanks dude...I've been depressed off an on for quite some time).

So last week he decides he can't get over this woman, and is leaving me for her. As soon as I get a job (I've been a SAHM for roughly 5 years), he's moving out to get a place with her and her two children (she's also married and filing).

Here I am scared, hurt beyond words and wishing I could wake up from this nightmare. I never thought I'd be in this position, especially after 8 years. And what's worse is, my gut tells me she's a good person and they'll probably end up married so I'll have to know the woman who stole my husband is around my kids and potentially their stepmother :(

Advice? I'm in counseling now. It helps.
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 5:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
krisnkids
by Gold Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 6:30 PM
Ugh. Welcome to the group though I wish it were under different circumstances. Many of us are victims of the other woman. Or I should say were the victims. I am happier now than I ever was in 12 year marriage. Stick with the counseling and give yourself time to recover.
robibuni
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 6:58 PM

Even my husband's family is behind ME. But I know that blood is thicker than water and eventually, they'll all come around to her and I'll be out of the picture entirely :( Coming from someone who has very little family, I really want to maintain my relationships with my MIL, SIL, BIL, and nieces and nephews, y'know? 

I want so badly to hate her, and right now I do. But I just know they're gonna end up married and then what do I do? :( Feeling rejected for another hurts pretty damn bad. *sigh*

Quoting krisnkids: Ugh. Welcome to the group though I wish it were under different circumstances. Many of us are victims of the other woman. Or I should say were the victims. I am happier now than I ever was in 12 year marriage. Stick with the counseling and give yourself time to recover.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)