• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I give up on finding love

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies
I'm a single mom with a 4 year old daughter and a soon to be 1 month old ds. I haven't dated in a year and I'd like to at least start problem is nobody wants a mom with two kids by two different guys. My daughters dad is in her life but my ds' dad wants nothing to do with him.

I feel like damaged goods or trash that's been put in a dumpster and it seems like every guy that looks my way feels sorry for me.

I don't want guys giving me a sympathy look I just want somebody to talk to and hang out with.
I've dated 4 guys the first guy I dated we broke up because he was in the army lost my virginity to the second and had my oldest by the third.

The last guy accused me of cheating on him a year ago and we split. November 1, 2013 I found out I was pregnant with ds(not guy #4's). I told ds' dad and he yelled at me to abort and said he wanted nothing to do with ds or me and has been denying my son since I told him I was pregnant.

Ds was brought into this world with my aunt by my side and his dad never showed. His dad still to this day is denying him.

I'm really tired of love and ii'm feeling drained.

Love hates me
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 23, 2014 at 6:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sid1083
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 7:09 PM

Don't give up on it. Take some time to let it just be you and your kids. Make the three of you your sole focus.

BTW, most guys like women who have confidence . . . maybe try to work on that a bit as you get more comfortable being single. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 23, 2014 at 7:26 PM
I don't even know where to start when it comes to dating. I refuse to do another dating site because that's how I met my last ex that accused me of cheating. He wanted me and dd to move in with him and went off accusing me of cheating because I only wanted to visit first ( I'd visited him before but I wanted to start leaving a lil at his place at a time slowly moving in).

Once we split I decided I was done with dating sites for good I was already done when I met him but us splitting just sealed it for me.

Quoting sid1083:

Don't give up on it. Take some time to let it just be you and your kids. Make the three of you your sole focus.BTW, most guys like women who have confidence . . . maybe try to work on that a bit as you get more comfortable being single. 

Oliviasmom72
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 7:55 PM
3 moms liked this

Your baby is a newborn. You should not be wanting a boyfriend right now. No guy will treat your kids like you do. You need to focus on your kids. You dont need to find another guy and then get pregnant by guy number 3 do you? why is a boyfriend so important? Your kids, family and friends should be all that matters.

sid1083
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 7:55 PM
2 moms liked this

Then don't use dating sites. Your youngest is only 1 month . . . get your family straight.

Quoting Anonymous: I don't even know where to start when it comes to dating. I refuse to do another dating site because that's how I met my last ex that accused me of cheating. He wanted me and dd to move in with him and went off accusing me of cheating because I only wanted to visit first ( I'd visited him before but I wanted to start leaving a lil at his place at a time slowly moving in). Once we split I decided I was done with dating sites for good I was already done when I met him but us splitting just sealed it for me.
Quoting sid1083:

Don't give up on it. Take some time to let it just be you and your kids. Make the three of you your sole focus.BTW, most guys like women who have confidence . . . maybe try to work on that a bit as you get more comfortable being single. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:10 PM

If I was a guy no way in hell would I date a woman with a baby, not to mention 2 kids from 2 different guys. sorry but you sound desperate and it's women like you who get involved with jerks who are mean to their kids. Who helps you with your kids now and how do you intend to try and date with a newborn?

dawncs
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:40 PM

Have you thought of trying Parents without Partners (www.parentswithoutpartners.com)? There maybe a local chapter near you. You can meet interesting singles from a variety of different backgrounds there.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:08 PM
Never heard of it I'll check it out thank you :)

Quoting dawncs:

Have you thought of trying Parents without Partners (www.parentswithoutpartners.com)? There maybe a local chapter near you. You can meet interesting singles from a variety of different backgrounds there.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:10 PM
Never said anything about dating I just said someone to talk to and hang out with that's it......btw thanks for the input

Quoting Anonymous:

If I was a guy no way in hell would I date a woman with a baby, not to mention 2 kids from 2 different guys. sorry but you sound desperate and it's women like you who get involved with jerks who are mean to their kids. Who helps you with your kids now and how do you intend to try and date with a newborn?

diaperstodating
by Queen24Princes on Jul. 24, 2014 at 12:30 AM
This:

Quoting Oliviasmom72:

Your baby is a newborn. You should not be wanting a boyfriend right now. No guy will treat your kids like you do. You need to focus on your kids. You dont need to find another guy and then get pregnant by guy number 3 do you? why is a boyfriend so important? Your kids, family and friends should be all that matters.

Meldl
by on Jul. 24, 2014 at 1:19 AM
Don't throw in the towel just yet. I split from my ex over a year ago and have been single since. I also have to kids and have felt like damaged goods many days. I tried dating and it did not work AT ALL. So I have focused on my kids and making our lives better. I feel better about myself and know one day I might find the 'one'. Try to focus on one thing in your life to improve, job, home, something you can feel proud of. Helped me a lot and now have a better outlook on dating.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)