Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Overwhelmed

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:49 PM
  • 6 Replies

Hi, My name is Rose, I just joined this group. I have two sons, James (3) and Logan (1). I've been a single mom since last december when I left my husband after I found he left bruises on my (then) two year old. Since then he's been fighting me for custody non stop because he thinks if he gets full custody of the kids that I'll go back to him. I won't ever though because he was abusive to me as well as my oldest son. My boys are doing so much better now too and they're extremely happy. 

But my issue is this,

Right now I'm working part time, going to school full time, and then taking care of the kids by myself, what I want to know is if it gets any easier? I'm so overwhelmed right now and sometimes I just want to quit everything. I cry almost daily and I just don't see how I'm ever going to be able to do this. It's just so much for one person to do.

Any advice is welcome. I just don't know what to do.

by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Jul. 24, 2014 at 12:03 AM

You should not do too much and find someone you can talk to maybe counseling.

dstarr347
by Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 12:05 AM

I am sorry hun that you are going through this but I can assure you that you will get through it. I raised five kids alone and went to school full time while working part time. Hell yes, it was hard and I cried many nights wondering how I would make it through. I would look in children's faces and see their faith that they had in me and knew I could do it.  This motivated me and I knew I could not give up and had to keep moving forward. My oldest child my daughter(she is 21) is married and she and her husband just presented me with my beautiful grandson Reid. My first grandchild wow! My oldest son is 17 and he just graduated from high school and my middle son graduates next year from high school too! My youngest daughter is 12 and is going to junior high and my yougest son (he is 7) is going to 2nd grade! Go figure! Time has flown by since I had Ariel 21 years ago.Enjoy your beautiful little boys while you can because these times go so quickly. I know you are overwhelmed because I have been where you are. Do you have friends or family that can act as a support group for you? Sounds like you need to take some time for yourself  so you can mentally and emotionally regroup. Can someone watch the kids one day out the week for you so you can get a break? Maybe you can join meetup.com and connect with other single parents in your area and set up playdates with kids ? That way you can meet with people in your situation who can relate and also make friends for you and the kids. Remember and this too shall pass. I will keep you and your boys in my prayers. Sending you hugs and positive thoughts hugs

Meldl
by on Jul. 24, 2014 at 1:36 AM
I haven't been a single mom for a very long time, but it feels like forever. I wasn't in an abusive relationship but it was a bad situation. I was unhappy, my son was unhappy. As soon as I left things seemed like they would never get better. But I have worked hard and thought of nothing but bettering the lives of myself and my kids. It seems to get better everyday. I am so much happier even though it is very hard. Just keep doing the amazing job you are doing, protecting your kids and yourself. You are a fighter already and believe in yourself. Not many actually want to be a single mom, but sometimes it is for the better. Stay strong. I still want to cry everyday, and that is okay. One day you will want to cry, and won't be able to cause there is too much to be happy about. It will get better, just remember why you are doing what you are doing.
brieri
by on Jul. 24, 2014 at 1:51 AM

GL

ANewMe0812
by on Jul. 24, 2014 at 10:12 AM

Keep pushing forward, remember what you are working towards. Take some time to decompress. 

Callaly
by Jessica on Jul. 24, 2014 at 10:19 AM

Welcome to the group!

Its really hard taking on 2 kiddos, part time work and full time school. Make sure that you have a good schedule and get as much family and friend support as possible. You need to keep remembering day to day WHY you are doing all of this. Its okay if your house isn't the cleanest and To do list seems over whelming, it will get better, work on one thing at a time!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)