Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

FINALLY! Some FREE time!! What do you do?

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2014 at 10:50 AM
  • 27 Replies

So my son is leaving today to spend the weekend with family, so I have today until Sunday to myself. This NEVER happens. I don't even know what to do with myself lol! Maybe just a quiet weekend at home with some wine and movies?

What do you all do when you have some child-less time?

by on Jul. 24, 2014 at 10:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
krisnkids
by Gold Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 11:07 AM
2 moms liked this

Sleep, clean, sleep, clean, sleep, clean.....

In reality, I don't have child-less time. My oldest two do not go to their dad's house so I always have kids. Granted they are almost 15 and 17 so I don't have to mother hen them. I have actually spent the night at my bf's house (shocking right?) and come home the next day. Thankfully for the most part they are good independent kids. Right now my younger two are at their dad's so bf and I have been spending a lot of time together. We know when they come home and school and activities start that it won't be so quiet.

cholita1978
by Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 12:00 PM
1 mom liked this

When this happens for me, wine and movies are a must :-)

Miss_Magnolia.
by Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 12:22 PM
1 mom liked this

yesterday I found 2hours alone. I went mountain biking at a state park near my house.

I also like to run but I get to maybe 2times a week. If I get out of work early enough.

ANewMe0812
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 12:26 PM
1 mom liked this

I clean and then eat whatever I want for dinner and watch a good movie.

Callaly
by Jessica on Jul. 24, 2014 at 12:28 PM
1 mom liked this

Cleaning, drink lots of wine lol and watch my PVRd shows I haven't been able to watch during the week.

sid1083
by Silver Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 12:33 PM
1 mom liked this

The two times BD has come to get the kids, I cleaned, got a massage, went on a date and ran a ton of errands.

Frances0923
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 1:43 PM
2 moms liked this

I am childless every other weekend. Thats my mani-pedi time and BF and I go to dinner and etc.. We actually get a bit bored without my son Lol ... Don't stay home, got out with some friends get drunk and crazy relive your younger childfree years lmao

NitaJ_MUA
by Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 1:44 PM
1 mom liked this

HAHA! I love this idea!!!

Quoting Frances0923:

I am childless every other weekend. Thats my mani-pedi time and BF and I go to dinner and etc.. We actually get a bit bored without my son Lol ... Don't stay home, got out with some friends get drunk and crazy relive your younger childfree years lmao

SwitchbladeMama
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 2:59 PM
1 mom liked this

Usually I do home improvement projects, play Skyrim, or meet up with a friend or two at the bar for drinks.

BeckyR148
by New Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 4:42 PM
1 mom liked this

Thats's easy.  Throw on a swimuit and go jump in the pool and lay out for a little while in peace and quiet.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN