Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

What is your grocery budget?

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2014 at 4:59 PM
  • 11 Replies

Are there certain things that are always on your list? 

How often do you "blow the budget"?

by on Jul. 24, 2014 at 4:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Nisha929
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 5:33 PM

I always make a list so that I avoid going over my budget. I have gone over a few times but it's not something that happens often. Yes there are certain things always on my list.

krisnkids
by Gold Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 6:17 PM

About 600. 

Numero_uno_mama
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 3:26 PM

I dont have one. I have always just bought what I needed. I think the most I have spent is $100. That will last me just about two weeks. BUT we eat maybe 2 meals at home a day. I work fulltime so we are out of the house by 7:30. My son is not the type to eat that early so he eats at his grandparents house for breakfast and lunch. I make dinner just about every night. Generally on the weekends my mom or his grandparents invite us over for dinner or I will cook. I guess I can say I am lucky.

Frances0923
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 3:32 PM

$400 a month. Its not my budget (I never made one) but its what I always end up spending. Its just me and my son. BF too actually since he's at my house everyday munching away. ExDH comes by with my son's favorite snacks (cookies, milk, toaster struddles) a couple of times a month so that helps as well. If I can stick to a budget I think I would try to spend $75 a week... But this 9 year old can eat !!! 

Callaly
by Jessica on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:09 PM
About 100 a week im trying to get it down to 80 without cutting out fresh fruits and veggies. I already shop at discounted food stores as it is :(
IamMex11
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:21 PM
Bump.
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Jul. 27, 2014 at 11:07 AM
We always get fruit and veggies always!!! Everything else whatever is on sale. We spend max 200 a month
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrsary
by Silver Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 11:09 AM
I dont have one. Working on getting one. I spend $500 - $600 a month on groceries for me and my 3 small kids. They eat everything within days, so I shop once a week!
teapartydiva524
by Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 12:04 PM

I spend about $150 a week on me and my dd.  We eat breakfast before we leave everyday, pack a lunch for her and I everyday and eat dinner at home at least 5-6 nights out of 7 (Sometimes we grab something out if she has practice or a game and sometimes we eat out with my SO on either Friday or Saturday).  I buy lots of fresh fruits and veggies.  We live in a small town with lots of farms so there's always an abundance to choose from.  We go through nutella pretty quick so I'm always buying that too. I typically do a meal plan every week so I know what I need.  The only rule is we try something new at least once a week.

MeeshMom
by Platinum Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 1:11 PM

I make a list and stick to it. My budget is $50-60 per week.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)