Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Collard greens......What do they taste like????

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 3:02 PM
  • 19 Replies

This is a random question for you ladies. What do collard greens taste like????? I was watching Rev runs Sunday suppers and they made soul food and let me tell you it looked absolutely DELISH!!!!!! I have never had collard greens and was wondering if they were any good before I go ahead and make the recipe. 

by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 3:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
moosesmom
by Silver Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 4:18 PM
1 mom liked this
You'll just have to make them and find out for yourself. Everyone has different tastes. I love them, depending on who makes them. Good luck.
Nisha929
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 4:50 PM

I don't like them...never have. I think you should buy some and make the recipe and then decide for yourself.

nena8790
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 5:20 PM

I hear so many good things about them and how Delicious they taste. I want to try them. 

Quoting Nisha929:

I don't like them...never have. I think you should buy some and make the recipe and then decide for yourself.

mrsary
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 5:22 PM
1 mom liked this
Like heaven in my mouth!
mrsary
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 5:24 PM
Love me some mustards and collards mixed with neckbones (in my maternal family's female's out of East Texas voice.).
mrsary
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 5:26 PM
You just aint had the right collards. We turn fresh veggies like that into a lb of fat each bite. Lol. Wait thats not good!!! Haha

Quoting Nisha929:

nena8790
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 5:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes!!!! I want to make mine with smoked turkey wings.

Quoting mrsary: Love me some mustards and collards mixed with neckbones (in my maternal family's female's out of East Texas voice.).

Nisha929
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 5:28 PM
1 mom liked this

Lol everyone says that! My aunt and grandma can throw down in the kitchen so it ain't that I haven't had the right ones. Them thangs are just nasty! Give me some cabbage instead.  

Quoting mrsary: You just aint had the right collards. We turn fresh veggies like that into a lb of fat each bite. Lol. Wait thats not good!!! Haha
Quoting Nisha929:

mrsary
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 5:30 PM
Just keep trying. Still trying to per-Fect mine!

Quoting nena8790:

Quoting mrsary: Love me some mustards and collards mixed with neckbones (in my maternal family's female's out of East Texas voice.).

Nisha929
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 5:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Turkey wings are so good. I cook my cabbage with them.  

Quoting nena8790:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)