Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

My story please give me advice

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies
The summer after I graduated my sister started work at the local bar in town. I decided to go and visit her one night. I ended up meeting this guy named James. We started dating and eventually fell in love. Or at least I think I did. We went on many trips together but every trip ended up me frightened in some place not knowing what might happen to me. He has still to this day a horrible drinking problem. We were together up until about a week ago. We have a daughter that is one and another on the way. Also he is 32 and I'm 21. He was previously married and has two children with her ages 10 and 6. And has another son age 3. From a one night stand before we met. Total he has 5 children counting my two. We were living together and I though everything was going good until he started drinking again. I would beg him not to go out at night but he would find some excuse to blame me for his drinking. He would tell me things like he was going to workout at 11 st night but would shower and shave before he left then not come home till 4 am. I had my suspicions about him cheating but wanted it to work sooo bad for the kids and me. As nights went on it got later and later. 5 am 6 am 7:30 am. One morning he comes in and I'm asleep on the couch. I hear at knock at the door 9:12. Some girl knocks then leaves quickly. I then get up and try to find his phone when I do I see a text pop up and say hey how are you? He Pries the phone from my hands and immediately deleted the texts. I also find him on the dating website POF and see his last activity date and pictures. He still is trying to get me back and I know it's obvious he's cheated but I need other peoples advice and opinions. He's been so rude to my family as well but he's the father of my children do I completely cut ties with him or what?
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 26, 2014 at 1:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Jul. 27, 2014 at 11:04 AM
Kick him out of the house. Don't deny but don't force the children on him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 27, 2014 at 1:57 PM
I moved into my parents things are going good but he's texting me all the time begging for me back saying he loves me and has changed
randi1978
by Murdoc's Mistress on Jul. 27, 2014 at 2:12 PM
2 moms liked this

Shit like that won't change.  Don't let him sucker you back in.  Cut him loose and carry on.  Don't deny him contact with the kids, but get things in legal order.  Visitation schedules and such. 

He may put on a good show for a short time, but once you're back and things calm down, he will go right back into it. 

MeeshMom
by Platinum Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 2:12 PM
1 mom liked this

ignore him completely and do not under any circumstance take him back

ANewMe0812
by Bronze Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 4:18 PM
You're an idiot if you believe him and go back to him. Get on with your life, he's clearly a loser.

Quoting Anonymous: I moved into my parents things are going good but he's texting me all the time begging for me back saying he loves me and has changed
Callaly
by Jessica on Jul. 27, 2014 at 6:18 PM
Stay strong for your kids they DO NOT need a man like that in their lives.
Vesta20
by Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 8:25 PM
Yes you cut ties with him, like right now. You do have his kids so I would say see if he sober up one day to the point he's able to help care for his kids. Other than that he pays child support and stays out of your life.
Jmo
quinnsmom715
by New Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 9:18 PM

hes32 and acts like this?yeah,run!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN