Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I lied to my kids' dad!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies

About how much I paid for DD's car.  He's agreed to help pay for it, but I'm going to use the extra money towards her gas/insurance costs.

Would you have done the same if you're using it for your child?

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 27, 2014 at 3:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
krisnkids
by Gold Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 3:45 PM
1 mom liked this
No. A lie is a lie. Not cool.
ANewMe0812
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 4:17 PM
Ugh this sickens me.
FLmom26
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 4:21 PM
1 mom liked this

Nope, my ex would insist on an itemized receipt.  Why don't you just discuss him helping with insurance as well instead of lying about it? And imo, she should be earning her own gas money at least.

woodstock525
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 4:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Absolutely not!  Your behavior just reinforces all the negative images of custodial mothers and how they bleed the ex to death.  You are doggone lucky that he's agreed to help pay for the vehicle...which I'm sure is not in the CO.  Why lie and cheat him out of more money?  If you need help with gas/insurance costs, then ask him if he can/will help.  If he says no, then respect his wishes and make sure that dd has a job where she can earn money to help pay for these costs herself.

mommaJewels2011
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 5:03 PM
I'm assuming you lied with good intentions. I don't want you to think everyone here is judging you. However you already know it isn't right lie but hopefully you'll come clean and he'll still help with the extras :-)
Callaly
by Jessica on Jul. 27, 2014 at 5:54 PM
The truth always comes out. And its because of women like you men always 2nd guess what child support and assistance crom them goes.
Thats messed up and i hope he finds out :)
cjsmom1
by Group Admin on Jul. 27, 2014 at 6:05 PM

I don't agree with lying to your ex. You should hace asked him to help with those costs

mrsary
by Gold Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 6:06 PM
Lol. Right on!
sid1083
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 10:23 PM
I wouldn't have in my situation.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wendythewriter
by on Jul. 28, 2014 at 8:02 AM

No, I would not have. 

There are some lies that are okay ("No, that doesn't make your butt look fat"), and then there are lies that are just wrong. This lie is one of the ones that's just wrong. You should have just asked him to help with the other expenses if you wanted/needed that help. Lying to him will come out in the end, and then he's not only likely to withdraw any extra money you're getting, but he's also never going to trust you again. And since there's already a level of distrust between divorced people, no matter how amicable it was, this will only make things worse. 

I don't think you're necessarily a bad person, but I do think you made a big mistake here. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)