Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I love a good deal!

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 1:13 PM
  • 15 Replies
1 mom liked this

I had already bought my kids sneakers for school when the store started their BOGO (buy one get one 1/2 off) sale. So today I was telling my friend how much I paid and about the sale. She suggested that I see if the sale could be applied to the purchase I already made. I called the store and got some information and then I went in. I had to do a complete return and then buy them all over again. I did that and I was able to use a $10  off coupon in addition to the BOGO savings. In the end I was refunded $42.50. I definitely will not complain.  

by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 1:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
happynewyorker
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 1:15 PM
1 mom liked this

that's great!

krisnkids
by Gold Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 1:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Very cool! I love deals.

I was at the grocery store yesterday and I always check the markdowns. Its just me. They had a big box of tampons on mark down for 3.49 (normally 8.99), I had a 2 dollar off coupon. No I did not need them but Lord knows I will. So of course I got them. :)

Nisha929
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 1:22 PM

Now that's a good deal! You should have got two boxes at that price :). There is nothing wrong with stocking up on things. I stock up when the prices are really good on certain things.  

Quoting krisnkids:

Very cool! I love deals.

I was at the grocery store yesterday and I always check the markdowns. Its just me. They had a big box of tampons on mark down for 3.49 (normally 8.99), I had a 2 dollar off coupon. No I did not need them but Lord knows I will. So of course I got them. :)

ANewMe0812
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 1:31 PM
1 mom liked this

Nice! I'm the same way, gotta be a savvy shopper to get the most of my paychecks these days.

Nisha929
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 1:35 PM

I agree with you 100%. I try to make every penny count and if I can save a few dollars I'm all for that. The crazy thing is that my daughter found the coupon in the box while we were on our way to the store. Perfect timing!    

Quoting ANewMe0812:

Nice! I'm the same way, gotta be a savvy shopper to get the most of my paychecks these days.

ANewMe0812
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 1:41 PM

What a fortuitous find. I dislike paying full price for anything other than food. Clothes, shoes, toys, baby gear, I am always on the lookout for a good deal.

Quoting Nisha929:

I agree with you 100%. I try to make every penny count and if I can save a few dollars I'm all for that. The crazy thing is that my daughter found the coupon in the box while we were on our way to the store. Perfect timing!    

Quoting ANewMe0812:

FLmom26
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 2:14 PM

That's awesome that they let you do that. Some stores won't allow it. Congrats on getting such a great deal! :)

diaperstodating
by Queen24Princes on Jul. 30, 2014 at 2:16 PM
Awesome!
sid1083
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 2:17 PM

Wow - that's some big-time savings!

diaperstodating
by Queen24Princes on Jul. 30, 2014 at 2:18 PM
You mean you don't need them now right? Your not one of those people who buys a product you don't use/need because it's free or you got a good deal.

Quoting krisnkids:

Very cool! I love deals.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)