Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Where do you work?

Posted by on Aug. 1, 2014 at 9:04 AM
  • 81 Replies

What do you do for a living? Is this a career for you? Do you plan on getting additional education in the future? Do you like your job? Do you work full or part time?

by on Aug. 1, 2014 at 9:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Callaly
by Jessica on Aug. 1, 2014 at 9:06 AM

I work in an office for a HUGE american furniture manfacturer. Im in the customer service complaints/administrative section. I like my job, the hours are what works for me, the pay is pretty darn good but the distance is getting to me.. I live 30 minutes away from where I work WITHOUT traffic.

Mygirl30248
by Member on Aug. 1, 2014 at 9:07 AM

I work in a call center with 90 clients so I have several accts I handle. 

I'm not sure, it's decent money, I'm good at it, done it for years now. 

Additional education is always something on my mind havent taken the plunge though possibly will in the future. 

I do like my job. It boils down to company with this job & the company is great that I work for. 

I work full time but this summer has been difficult trying to get 30+hours a week it seems. We have been sick a few times & DD has lots of extra stuff requiring me taking days off such as Girlscout trips etc. 

Callaly
by Jessica on Aug. 1, 2014 at 9:12 AM

I used to work in a call center, for a while actually and I loved the people I worked with but the company it self was a large company and there wasn't much understanding for family people or single parents. I needed a smaller company where I could just walk into my bosses office and tell him whats up instead of setting a meeting with 50 people just to tell them why I won't be able to come in tomorrow because DD has a dr appointment type thing.

Quoting Mygirl30248:

I work in a call center with 90 clients so I have several accts I handle. 

I'm not sure, it's decent money, I'm good at it, done it for years now. 

Additional education is always something on my mind havent taken the plunge though possibly will in the future. 

I do like my job. It boils down to company with this job & the company is great that I work for. 

I work full time but this summer has been difficult trying to get 30+hours a week it seems. We have been sick a few times & DD has lots of extra stuff requiring me taking days off such as Girlscout trips etc. 

ANewMe0812
by Bronze Member on Aug. 1, 2014 at 9:47 AM
1 mom liked this

I am a CS Supervisor for a small manufacturing company. It's hectic, the workload is insane and I'm burnt out. Been doing this for 8 years. I handed in my resignation on Monday, my last day is September 30. I'm starting over. I'm moving in with my mom and step dad and I'm going to work part time and go to school and do something meaningful with my life. I have never been more excited and terrified at the same time.

NataliePotter23
by on Aug. 1, 2014 at 10:39 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm work in accounting. It's not my dream career but I like the peopld and it pays the bills. I work full time and have been for the past 2 year. Before that I was part time and liked that better. Eventually I'd like to do something more creative than crunch numbers. Don't know what that exactly would be yet.

krisnkids
by Gold Member on Aug. 1, 2014 at 10:50 AM

I work for a college in payroll, I'm responsible for between 500 and 800 people's pay (depending on the time of year). I like my job a lot, benefits are really really good. I'm applying for the payroll supervisor job this month so we shall see. I work full time and I take one class a semester that my work pays for.

grneyedormom
by Kendra on Aug. 1, 2014 at 10:52 AM
1 mom liked this
I work as a caseworker for CPS in my state. This is my career, I hold my degree in this field. I love being a part of the process of lives changing, for the good mostly.
Callaly
by Jessica on Aug. 1, 2014 at 11:40 AM
1 mom liked this

Wow that awesome news! I did that when I was newly single, I moved in with my mom and got a degree in early childhood education, it wasn't for me tho lol and I got this current job. I start online classes next month!

Quoting ANewMe0812:

I am a CS Supervisor for a small manufacturing company. It's hectic, the workload is insane and I'm burnt out. Been doing this for 8 years. I handed in my resignation on Monday, my last day is September 30. I'm starting over. I'm moving in with my mom and step dad and I'm going to work part time and go to school and do something meaningful with my life. I have never been more excited and terrified at the same time.

Callaly
by Jessica on Aug. 1, 2014 at 11:43 AM

I hope you get the job! I thought about pay roll but my attention spand is.. zero lol

I am starting online classes in Sept. for HR.

Quoting krisnkids:

I work for a college in payroll, I'm responsible for between 500 and 800 people's pay (depending on the time of year). I like my job a lot, benefits are really really good. I'm applying for the payroll supervisor job this month so we shall see. I work full time and I take one class a semester that my work pays for.

Callaly
by Jessica on Aug. 1, 2014 at 11:45 AM

I always was interested in socail work but I think I would become too attached.when I was with my ex we did foster care for emergency situations only, I loved it knowing I was protecting kids. Once me and SO get married we will apply to do it again.

Quoting grneyedormom: I work as a caseworker for CPS in my state. This is my career, I hold my degree in this field. I love being a part of the process of lives changing, for the good mostly.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN