Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

I am Terrified POAG

Posted by on Aug. 1, 2014 at 2:06 PM
  • 7 Replies

I have been single for almost 5 months and found someone that I never expected to want to be in a relationship with. I am a single mom to my 2 1/2 year old dd and am terrified of letting this go past the I really like you stage. He's my best friends brother and a amazing man and likes me just about as much as I like him. We have gone out a few times and the last time he took me to a Andy Grammer concert and it was amazing and when the night was over he kissed me. It was as awkward as a first kiss could get because he completely took me off guard but omg I couldn't stop shaking for a little while after that. There is a crap load of chemistry between us but I am terrified of being with anyone. I know I need to get over this but I can't help but be scared. My ex husband was abusive and controlling and dd's father was a man child who broke me in more then one way. I feel like damaged goods most of the time but when I am with him I actually feel semi normal. Any suggestions to help me not be so terrified?

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

CafeMom Tickers

by on Aug. 1, 2014 at 2:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
krisnkids
by Gold Member on Aug. 1, 2014 at 2:44 PM

The past is behind you, leave it there. Make new memories and thoughts. Its hard, trust me I know. I have had to overcome a lot with bf myself because of my marriage. But trust me, its worth it. If you let the past relationships affect your future ones then your exes win.

Callaly
by Jessica on Aug. 1, 2014 at 2:44 PM

I think that you personally need to make a choice if you want to see where it goes then you let go of your past and focus on your present, if you aren't willing to take that step or if you will let your past effect your current relationships then you need to let this guy go.

ANewMe0812
by Bronze Member on Aug. 1, 2014 at 3:00 PM

It's ok to want to take things slow and seeing as how you're a single mom, he should be taking his cues from you and going at the pace you find comfortable. Do what feels right. 

cjsmom1
by Gold Member on Aug. 2, 2014 at 12:44 AM

Take things slowly. Give yourself time to realize that he's not your ex and won't do the same things

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Aug. 2, 2014 at 5:30 AM
Take it slow if he can't respect that move on
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MeeshMom
by Platinum Member on Aug. 2, 2014 at 8:10 PM
Take things slow especially since you are newly single. Tell him up front that's how you want to proceed. If he is truly a good guy he will respect that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ayacocca
by Bronze Member on Aug. 3, 2014 at 9:56 AM
GO SLOW!! And listen to your first instincts.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)