Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Let's get to know each other! Introduce yourself here!

Posted by on Aug. 2, 2014 at 5:10 PM
  • 213 Replies

wave  Welcome to the Single Moms group!

This is a great place to find support, advice and friendship from other single moms like you!

Please reply to this post & introduce yourself!

Here are some questions to get you started (feel free to cut & paste below to answer):

1. What's your name?  How many children do you have?
  2. How long have you been a single mom?
  3. What's on your mind today?

After you've replied here, say hello to the other moms who've replied!
"Quote" their replies so they know you're talking to them. You can "Like" their replies as well.

going crazy  Amy

PS - Here are some helpful links: 

by on Aug. 2, 2014 at 5:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DulcinaM
by New Member on Aug. 2, 2014 at 9:28 PM
5 moms liked this

Hello all! My name is Carla and I'm a first time single mom to an almost 10 month old. I'm here to talk to others that might know how I feel and relate to what I'm going through.

heathernzhara
by New Member on Aug. 3, 2014 at 3:12 PM
12 moms liked this

HI,

My name is Heather and I have one precious daughter her name is Zhara (pronouced Zara).  She is 5months old, and I've been a single mom for 3months now. Its definitely not easy, I have no support from her "father". I work and attend classes online. I'm only 20years old, and Zhara wasn't planned but I love her with my whole heart and some. I could really use some uplifting friends.

Nikronsmom76
by New Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 11:17 AM

What are you taking in school?  Just keep plugging on, I have been thinking of going back myself now that i'm a single mom.  Just not sure what I would take.

Quoting heathernzhara:

HI,

My name is Heather and I have one precious daughter her name is Zhara (pronouced Zara).  She is 5months old, and I've been a single mom for 3months now. Its definitely not easy, I have no support from her "father". I work and attend classes online. I'm only 20years old, and Zhara wasn't planned but I love her with my whole heart and some. I could really use some uplifting friends.

MClu42
by Maranda on Aug. 4, 2014 at 1:36 PM
4 moms liked this
I'm Maranda and I have 2 sons, Troy is 8 and Alex is 6. I've been a single mother for 8 years. I had one long term relationship in the middle, but I still raised my boys on my own. It's hard sometimes, but I work on building a strong support system. There were times when I had to work 3 or 4 jobs but I wouldn't trade hard work and school for anything.
charmd18
by New Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 3:51 PM
4 moms liked this
Hello everyone, my anme is Stephanie. I have three wonderful kids. I have a daughter elexis who just turned 6. Two boys who are 2 and 17mnths. I just became a single mom today actually, and it is a scary feeling. I just need some support and advice that will help me through.
kelly102587
by New Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 6:35 PM
3 moms liked this

Hello!!! My name is Kelly and I have been a singal mom for a few months now. I have two children one who is going to be 2 and the other who is going to be 5. I joined to connect with others who know what I'm going through and make some friends along the way.

amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 10:08 PM

Welcome to the group Carla, it's great to meet you!

Is your little one a girl or boy?

Quoting DulcinaM:

Hello all! My name is Carla and I'm a first time single mom to an almost 10 month old. I'm here to talk to others that might know how I feel and relate to what I'm going through.

amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 10:08 PM

Welcome Heather!

It's not easy being a single parent, but boy is it worth it.  I'm sure you'll see that too as time goes on. :)

Quoting heathernzhara:

HI,

amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 10:09 PM

Hi Maranda!

What kind of jobs did you have?  Are you working more than one now?

Quoting MClu42: I'm Maranda and I have 2 sons, Troy is 8 and Alex is 6. I've been a single mother for 8 years. I had one long term relationship in the middle, but I still raised my boys on my own. It's hard sometimes, but I work on building a strong support system. There were times when I had to work 3 or 4 jobs but I wouldn't trade hard work and school for anything.

amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 10:09 PM

Hi Stephanie!

I love the way you spelled your daughter's name.  Pretty.  What are your boys' names?

Quoting charmd18: Hello everyone, my anme is Stephanie. I have three wonderful kids. I have a daughter elexis who just turned 6. Two boys who are 2 and 17mnths. I just became a single mom today actually, and it is a scary feeling. I just need some support and advice that will help me through.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)