Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

BTS shopping

Posted by on Aug. 3, 2014 at 11:31 AM
  • 10 Replies
Has anyone found good deals? I so on what items and what stores? Do you reuse things? I'm trying to reuse what we can and buy the rest of what is needed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 3, 2014 at 11:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Nisha929
by Bronze Member on Aug. 3, 2014 at 11:53 AM

I'm done with school shopping. I purchased their uniforms from a store called L&M Bargain and all the pants were 20% off. I bought their sneakers (4 pairs) from Famous Footwear and I got a really good deal on those after I returned them and bought them again with the BOGO promotion and a $10 off coupon. My son's uniform shirts were $4.97 each (Walmart.com) while my daughters were $9.95 each (L&M Bargain) because they have the school logo on them.

I'm all for good deals because it saves me some money.

ayacocca
by Bronze Member on Aug. 3, 2014 at 10:24 PM
Children's place online has a great sale; belk kids entire store is 40% off..
1taximomhere
by Member on Aug. 3, 2014 at 10:38 PM
My son picked out awesome $70 dress shirts for $10 to $15 and $50 ties for $5 plus had a coupon for 30% percent off it all. Still need shoes which may be harder to find a pair since they discontinued the dockers style last year that he liked.
BentoMommy
by Member on Aug. 3, 2014 at 10:57 PM
I only have part of the clothes shopping done and school is in three days! I bought DS about 15 new shirts and 2 new shorts (he's skinny and tall so he only grew out of the shirts), but haven't got new shoes, socks or undies yet.

Also, still need everything on his school supplies list still. Will probably get everything tomorrow.
diaperstodating
by Queen24Princes on Aug. 4, 2014 at 1:28 PM
Yes I reuse! Last year (and the past several years) I spent no more than $20 on school supplies for all four of my boys. On the last day of school the school sends back the unused (and used) school supplies. Paper, pencils, crayons, markers, ect. I only have to buy tissue, post it notes and hand sanitizer ever year. I always reuse school supplies, I haven't had to buy new packs of paper, pencils, crayons, markers, etc. in years!!
zumbanerd
by Bronze Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 4:55 PM

I try my best to reuse what I can (it's not easy with my daughter as she grows so much in a year). But mostly it's new clothes and definitely needs new shoes/sneakers. I haven't really done the shopping yet. I will in a couple of weeks. I just get it done in one day. She's going to be tired from all the shopping but it will be done and over with. :) I wish I could just buy everything online like I used to.

FLmom26
by Bronze Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 10:17 PM

Old Navy has jeans and shorts on sale $10 each, some tops starting at $4. Children's Place and Crazy 8 both have some great sales going on. I got some t-shirts and shorts from both places $5- $10 each. I've got a good base, 7 shirts and 7 shorts that will mix and match plus 2 pair of jeans. I can get more as needed. DS is right in the middle of a growth spurt so I had to start from scratch. Next pay day is new shoes, yay!

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Aug. 4, 2014 at 11:10 PM
I am so grateful for coworkers that gave me a bunch of hand me downs I got him a new pairs of shoes and I new chonies and socks
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Karen24
by Bronze Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 3:08 PM
We reuse what we can. We have packs of filler paper unopened from last year. DS can just reuse the calculator I got him last year. It still works fine. He also has a really nice zippered binder that we found at Office Max last year. It holds a ton of stuff! It's very sturdy and great for middle or high school. We still need to find a few things, included Kleenex boxes.

We do need to find some clothes though. I pretty sure my DS1 is set. He has tons of clothes. DS2 will probably need some new jeans - he's 13 and growing fast. The boys are easy to please. They can find what they like. It's my DD who is the picky one. I'm going to have to take her shopping. Not looking forward to it. Lol
cjsmom1
by Gold Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 2:17 AM

I reuse as much as I can. This year though everything need to be replaced.

I got him a Jansport book bag that was 20% off. Stil kind of pricey, but I'm hoping it'll last all year.
I bought all his school uniforms from jcp when they were on sale and I had a 30% off coupon.
I have been checking all the sales ads and getting all ht egood deals on school supplies.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN