Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

have any of you single moms done this?

Posted by on Aug. 3, 2014 at 10:20 PM
  • 33 Replies
Purchased a home? Why or why not? Any regrets? Any surprises?
by on Aug. 3, 2014 at 10:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ridingsolo
by Bronze Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 6:38 AM

Not yet, but hoping to in about 10 years.  I think investing in a home is a wise decision, depending on how property values are trending.

Nisha929
by Bronze Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 7:35 AM

I haven't and honestly I'm not sure if I want to.

Jenn8604
by Gold Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 7:44 AM
Almost. Just make sure your credit score is high. Mine was 655 until the guy at the bank checked it and it went down to 598. Too low for a loan.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrsary
by Silver Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 7:54 AM
Not yet. Only cause I move a lot being in the army. Renting out a house I own doesnt sound appealing to me. I've seen single parents fall into debt doing that. When I get out I will buy one.
Callaly
by Jessica on Aug. 4, 2014 at 9:15 AM

I owed a house with my ex. We rented it out for a few years after we split up, I took care of everything, its a lot of work.

My mom owns a house as a single parent, I mean if she can do it I can do it... Do I want to do it being single? Nope.

Me and SO will buy a house in probably 3-5 years, right now we are living good with just rent and enjoying the fact that we can save huge amounts of money and travel ect..

rachel216
by Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 9:49 AM
not yet...when I get married I'd look into it until then I'm happy renting.....a friend of mine said there are a lot of fees and cost they didn't anticipate for.
ANewMe0812
by Bronze Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 9:49 AM

Not yet but I would like to.

diaperstodating
by Queen24Princes on Aug. 4, 2014 at 1:21 PM
I haven't. I don't plan to.
Frances0923
by Bronze Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 2:51 PM

No. Not for me. I do not ever want to own a property here in Florida. I am inheriting 2 properties in Puerto Rico. I am planning on renting one and using the other as a vacation home. 

sid1083
by Silver Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 3:26 PM

I bought about 4 years ago. Unfortunately after I closed I had the biggest case of buyer's remorse. It's worked out though as time has gone on . . . it's nice to have the stability for my kids and a yard for my dogs. Thankfully I have only had minimal issues, but if something big happens (repair or replacement) idk what I'll do since I'm not handy or generously financially-backed.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN