Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Worst Case Scenario **UPDATE**

Posted by on Aug. 6, 2014 at 3:54 PM
  • 42 Replies

UPDATE 8/7/2014 3:10 PM

Parkersburg Police issue an arrest warrant for a man they say is responsible for the death of a 1-year-old girl.

Parkersburg Police Chief Joe Martin says they are searching for 30-year-old Curtis Dean Richards, Jr., of St. Marys.

He says Richards may be driving a black Toyota truck with WV registration 4XA 886.

Authorities responded Tuesday to the St. Paul Terrace Apartments on Central Avenue, finding 1-year-old Ariella Noel Merinar unresponsive.

They say efforts to revive the baby were unsuccessful.

Police say Richards was babysitting Merinar and her 2-year old sister.

They say the mother of the children was at work.

According to police, Richards told them the 2-year-old choked the 1-year-old until she stopped breathing.

Chief Martin says the incident was a homicide, not an accident.

He says the autopsy completed Thursday shows that the 1-year-old had severe head injuries and injuries to her neck.

A murder warrant was issued for Richards and anyone with information on his whereabouts should call authorities.

Full Story Here

I have been "cyber" friends with the same group of women since I was pregnant with my son. We all were in the same group on an app and then made a group on Facebook. We have shared stories and photos and videos and vented to each other and encouraged each other. We have watched each others babies turn into toddlers. We organized gift exchanges for Christmas and more recently for their birthdays. 

Yesterday, one of the ladies posted that her baby is dead. She left her with her boyfriend while she went to work and received the horrible phone call that her baby is dead. There isn't much info available yet but police do suspect foul play. I can't imagine what she is going through.

by on Aug. 6, 2014 at 3:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Callaly
by Jessica on Aug. 6, 2014 at 4:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh my god. That is horrible. I couldn't image it..

But are you sure and I really don't want to sound mean and heartless but that this woman really did have a child? She didn't make it up?

ANewMe0812
by Bronze Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 4:48 PM

Well, I guess you never really know if you do not know the person in real life. But I did see pregnancy pictures and newborn pictures and 1st birthday pictures. I was also able to find the story on a local news website.

Quoting Callaly:

Oh my god. That is horrible. I couldn't image it..

But are you sure and I really don't want to sound mean and heartless but that this woman really did have a child? She didn't make it up?

FLmom26
by Bronze Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 5:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh my, I'm so sorry. That is the most excruciating pain any parent can go through. She'll need a lot of support from friends/ family (real life and online)

cjsmom1
by Gold Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 5:11 PM
1 mom liked this

That's so sad. There have been a lot of stories recently about men killing, abusing, and raping their gf's kids. It really makes being a single mom so much harder.

ANewMe0812
by Bronze Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 5:28 PM

I thought the same thing. I have a hard time trusting anyone with my son.

Quoting cjsmom1:

That's so sad. There have been a lot of stories recently about men killing, abusing, and raping their gf's kids. It really makes being a single mom so much harder.

Oliviasmom72
by Silver Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 9:25 PM
3 moms liked this

The most dangerous family situation is a boyfriend/non father living with mom and the kids.

What is even more sad in this case is I'm sure the boyfriend was probably regularly abusing the child and Mom was too clueless to notice it or in denuial. Very sad.

ANewMe0812
by Bronze Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 9:56 PM
So sad to think about.

Quoting Oliviasmom72:

The most dangerous family situation is a boyfriend/non father living with mom and the kids.

What is even more sad in this case is I'm sure the boyfriend was probably regularly abusing the child and Mom was too clueless to notice it or in denuial. Very sad.

sid1083
by Silver Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 2:40 AM
1 mom liked this

To be preceded in death by your child would be bad enough. But for it to be at the hands of someone you knew and thought you could trust would be worse. How sad for her and the family.

Nisha929
by Bronze Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 11:00 AM
2 moms liked this

My heart goes out to her because I know how it feels to lose a child. Just be there for her as much as you can because she's gonna need all the love and support she can get. If her boyfriend is responsible I hope he gets just what he deserves.

trfgirl56701
by Bronze Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 11:12 AM
1 mom liked this

I can't imagine having to deal with that. My thoughts go out to her and her family.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)