Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

beyond angry

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2014 at 1:10 AM
  • 31 Replies

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

My ex sent me a text saying he went and got my daughter's haircut. She is 8. This haircut is not for a child her age and to top it off he never even consulted with me. How hard is it to coparent?
by on Aug. 7, 2014 at 1:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sid1083
by Silver Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 2:34 AM

It might not have been the best for him to just get it cut without consulting, but it looks like your DD likes it. That will be an interesting grow out.

ida1331
by New Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 3:01 AM
2 moms liked this
Would anyone ever except to get stepped on in there life by the people around u just so u can see ur child happy ?
Cause im dealing with hate everyday but just to see my child happy i have to shut my mouth and just live with it and im going crazy cause idk if i can keep it in anymorr
Mommy2Bri425
by Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 4:06 AM
I would be mad too but she seems to like it. It's actually really cute.
PogoPalOj
by on Aug. 7, 2014 at 4:10 AM
1 mom liked this

We saw a young girl in Super Cuts a few weeks ago that picked out this same haircut.  I think it is cute.  If your daughter is happy, what is the problem?

SpurgeonMom
by Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 4:51 AM
Yes she is happy, my only problem is the fact that it was a drastic haircut from what she had. The least he could have done is consult me and include me In on the decision. We are supposed to be working on coparenting which I thought mean keep each other informed and included in decisions. When I see her tomorrow morning I will have a big smile on my face and tell her how much I love it.

Quoting PogoPalOj:

We saw a young girl in Super Cuts a few weeks ago that picked out this same haircut.  I think it is cute.  If your daughter is happy, what is the problem?

PogoPalOj
by on Aug. 7, 2014 at 5:01 AM

Gotcha   I guess I would be upset too.  But sometimes it is better to not let your anger get too out of control. 

Quoting SpurgeonMom: Yes she is happy, my only problem is the fact that it was a drastic haircut from what she had. The least he could have done is consult me and include me In on the decision. We are supposed to be working on coparenting which I thought mean keep each other informed and included in decisions. When I see her tomorrow morning I will have a big smile on my face and tell her how much I love it.
Quoting PogoPalOj:

dawncs
by on Aug. 7, 2014 at 7:08 AM

It is not worthy to take it to a judge or make an issue of it beyond the two of you. With the small stuff, you can anger the judge if you do it over every little thing besides it costing you money and not getting anywhere. The money is better off saved or spent elsewhere along with the time used for court is better off used as a fun vacation day for the entire family.

Quoting SpurgeonMom: Yes she is happy, my only problem is the fact that it was a drastic haircut from what she had. The least he could have done is consult me and include me In on the decision. We are supposed to be working on coparenting which I thought mean keep each other informed and included in decisions. When I see her tomorrow morning I will have a big smile on my face and tell her how much I love it.
Quoting PogoPalOj:

SpurgeonMom
by Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 7:19 AM
Something like this taking it to court never even crossed my mind, this was just more of a vent. I have always gave him the respect of including him in any decisions regarding our kids.

Quoting dawncs:

It is not worthy to take it to a judge or make an issue of it beyond the two of you. With the small stuff, you can anger the judge if you do it over every little thing besides it costing you money and not getting anywhere. The money is better off saved or spent elsewhere along with the time used for court is better off used as a fun vacation day for the entire family.

Quoting PogoPalOj:

FLmom26
by Bronze Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 7:33 AM

I would be mad too. But it does look like she's very happy with it. I'm sure you'll do a wonderful job of hiding your feelings about it for your daughter's sake.

krisnkids
by Gold Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 7:57 AM

First your daughter is adorable. Second, yes, I would strangle him. My ex told me he was going to get the kids haircut last week and asked how I wanted dd's done. I told him that it was her hair and she could choose how to have it done, she'll be 10 in September. They took 2 inches off, that's cool, but then they also thinned it? WTF? My daughter has gorgeous, long, beautiful hair. I'm not sure how they 'thinned' it which I'm not too happy about, but oh well.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN