Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Overload

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2014 at 9:26 PM
  • 9 Replies

I am so tired. I have taken on way too much. I am very low income so I figured that if I work as much as I can I could somehow catch up on things and not be so stressed. Well I have been working night and day. My kids have been eating alot of fast foods because I am just way too tired to cook and I am also in and out all day even when they are home so I just stop to grab them something quick. I just enrolled in classes for the Fall semester but I really didnt think that I would have so much on my plate. At one point I was looking for work so I was feeling out tons of applications and now Im trying to work two part time jobs. Im not even full time and Im exhausted. While taking the kids to the store today to pick up a few school supplies I was about to fall asleep in the car and right now I am feeling like I just want to pass out but I am really needing advice so I wanted to type this before I went to sleep. How can I start making healthy meals when Im so busy? I have been wanting to lose weight for quite some time now but I just know that it definitely is not going to happen like this. When school starts I want to be able to help the kids with their homework and to do my own studying as well. But I think Im just going to be way too tired. What do you do when you've taken on too much?

by on Aug. 7, 2014 at 9:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
mrsary
by Silver Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 9:30 PM
Try a crock pot for healthy meals. How old are your kids? I am tired as hell too, so I feel you!
Miss_Magnolia.
by Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 9:30 PM

your energy will get better when you eat better. Meal plan and also use a slow cooker. There are recipes all over the internet to find ones that suit your taste and budget

mrsary
by Silver Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 9:32 PM
Try some homeade sanswich wraps in a cooler in your car if you have to commute with the kids and they are hungry.
freeze meals you cook on your off days.
Mom-does-hair
by Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 2:54 AM
2 moms liked this
Do you have days off? Or partial days off? I have a friend who cooks whole weeks worth of meals and freezes them. I work a lot and weird hours, so my kids eat dinner with my parents most nights, but if they are home and there is a lot going on, a turkey sandwich for dinner once in a while won't kill them.
Callaly
by Jessica on Aug. 8, 2014 at 8:11 AM

Take 1 evening a week (I do it Thursdays) make a meal plan for the week make things like sheppards pie, crockpot meals, things that you know will leave left overs that you can either eat the next day or freeze. After you have done your groceries for the week take another day when theres not alot going on (for me thats normally Sundays) and just cook, prep everything you can prep if you need 4 onions for the meals you will cook this week then you will chop and store the 4 onions in the fridge ready to go.

Just take a minute breath and know that you are not the first and not the last to do all of this at once, if other people have done it, you can do it too, don't focus on EVERYTHING that needs to get done, just focus on what you can get done right then. If you are overly tired go to the dr your iron might be low, or you might have an inbalance, also eating healthier will help with fatigue.

gardensparrow
by on Aug. 8, 2014 at 4:26 PM

Wow-it does seem like you've got a lot going on right down so I don't blame you for feeling a bit overwhelmed with the idea of preparing meals every night. But I think it's great you really want to get your family healthy. So, I'm not sure if this will be helpful or not, but I found some ideas in an article at http://bit.ly/V4TmtL that you might want to read over. I know it gave some suggestions like preparing meals ahead of time so you're not tempted by fast food and already have them ready after a hectic day. So, just FYI. Hope it helps!

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Aug. 9, 2014 at 1:35 AM
The crockpot is my best friend you can make cheap good meals. I also love Rotisserie chicken lots of meals out of that. The meat takes the longest so cook it ahead of time and freeze
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ANewMe0812
by Bronze Member on Aug. 9, 2014 at 4:28 AM
That sounds very overwhelming. Hopefully all the chaos now will pay off in a few years.
I second the suggestions of taking some time to prep meals for the week and using a crockpot for quick and yummy homemade food.
cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 6:37 AM

Eating fast food will burn through the extra money you're making. Try using a crockpot or cooking enough that you can eat leftovers the next night.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN