Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Question

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies

My son was invited to go to the beach with family he gets social secuirty benefits is it ok to help with half the hotel/ food with his money or should I not let him go? OR should I let him and go and them pay the other party back I have no clue how this works 

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 8, 2014 at 3:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Callaly
by Jessica on Aug. 8, 2014 at 8:03 AM

I am not sure why getting socail security benefits would effect going to the beach or not..

You child will have fun, if you trust these family members.. why not let him go enjoy himself.

ANewMe0812
by Bronze Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 9:01 AM

Are you asking if you can pay for your sons trip using his social security benefits? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 8, 2014 at 12:22 PM

yes

Quoting ANewMe0812:

Are you asking if you can pay for your sons trip using his social security benefits? 

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 1:15 PM

yes. they dont ask for proof they just ask every few years whether the money was spent on him. adn saving it up just makes them think he doesnt need it and they decrease the benefit.

Quoting Anonymous:

yes

Quoting ANewMe0812:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 8, 2014 at 1:31 PM

thanks just wanted to check 

Quoting faerie75:

yes. they dont ask for proof they just ask every few years whether the money was spent on him. adn saving it up just makes them think he doesnt need it and they decrease the benefit.

Quoting Anonymous:

yes

Quoting ANewMe0812:

Nisha929
by Bronze Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 1:40 PM

Did they ask you to help with the hotel/food? Either way...yes you can use his ss benefits to help out. They don't ask for an itemized list of what you spent the money on or anything like that. They do send something asking how much you saved (if any) and if all of it was spent on him.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 8, 2014 at 2:19 PM

yeah for his food and stuff while they are there 

Quoting Nisha929:

Did they ask you to help with the hotel/food? Either way...yes you can use his ss benefits to help out. They don't ask for an itemized list of what you spent the money on or anything like that. They do send something asking how much you saved (if any) and if all of it was spent on him.

Nisha929
by Bronze Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 2:28 PM

Ok cool. I hope you feel better knowing that it's okay for you to use his ss benefits to help out :). I hope he has a blast!  

Quoting Anonymous:

yeah for his food and stuff while they are there 

Quoting Nisha929:

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Aug. 9, 2014 at 1:42 AM
I would offer and yes his ss benefits can go to it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cjsmom1
by Gold Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 6:39 AM
1 mom liked this

The money is meant to be used on him. Paying for a hotel and food count as the money being spent on him.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)