Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

why is being a single mom stressful

Posted by on Aug. 9, 2014 at 4:29 AM
  • 19 Replies
Who do I get to turn to when I cant sleep at night? Who can I count on to tell me everything will be alright.
by on Aug. 9, 2014 at 4:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
zumbanerd
by Bronze Member on Aug. 9, 2014 at 8:20 AM
2 moms liked this

I turn to guided meditation or reading something when I'm up at night. I hope your friends, family and yourself can tell you everything is going to be alright. I know for myself that things are and will continue to be alright. 

If you have a faith, you could also turn to that as well. 

ANewMe0812
by Bronze Member on Aug. 9, 2014 at 8:50 AM
A good support system will do wonders. I hope you have friends and family to help you.
ayacocca
by Bronze Member on Aug. 9, 2014 at 1:01 PM
I feel you; I've been so overwhelmed at times that my thoughts would turn morbid.
I have found that meditation helps; prayer. Even having a good cry sets me at ease. It gets better. All of your hard work and efforts will pay off.
MeeshMom
by Platinum Member on Aug. 9, 2014 at 1:03 PM

We were created to have companionship, not be alone. I go to a couple glasses of wine or sleep.

Peanut0110
by Member on Aug. 9, 2014 at 4:59 PM
I don't know...some days I just cry and pray to god that the day will end soon. I use to write in a journal and that helped a lot. I need to get back on that. It works if you have no one to talk to or you do but they have no idea what you are going through. Everyday I just want to pack my stuff, take my son, and just leave everything and start over. I hate my family and my friends are seriously the worst. I have been trying to just look past the negatives but if you have no one to encourage you and just be there for you, I've realized they are what bring you down. They are constant disappoints and as crazy as this may sound, I still believe that there are good friends out there so I don't mind the idea of never talking to people I've been friends with for years. I just think it really sucks to have so many crappy things happen and then you go to a friend or a family member to talk to and they either don't give a fuck or they talk over you to talk about their life and all the wonderful things that have happened to them just to rub it your face.
Andrewsmom70
by Silver Member on Aug. 9, 2014 at 5:10 PM

Life is stressful for pretty much everyone. You just have to get healthy coping mechanisms to help deal. I run. It helps a great deal. I don't feel too stressed most of the time and I'm a single mom.

KRIZZ25
by Platinum Member on Aug. 9, 2014 at 5:11 PM
ur self .just tell ur slef "i got this.it ant that bad. i wll be ok"..
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 9, 2014 at 7:14 PM
1 mom liked this

It's not just being a single mom, even married moms can get stressed out.  It's because you are a mom in general and no one said the work was easy!

FLmom26
by Bronze Member on Aug. 9, 2014 at 9:51 PM

I hear ya, sweetie! It can be difficult and feel very lonely sometimes. Find ways to relieve the stress some. Sometimes I'll go for a walk or bike ride, or I'll work on one of my hobbies (crochet, knitting, jewelry making). Just remember it is perfectly ok to ask a friend or family member to help out with your kids so you can get a little "me time." Took me a long time to be able to do that, but it helps tremendously.

Jenn8604
by Silver Member on Aug. 9, 2014 at 9:53 PM
I turn to God, my friends, and my family.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)