Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

It's too quiet

Posted by on Aug. 9, 2014 at 7:34 PM
  • 6 Replies
I dropped DS (3) off with my stbx around 11 this morning. (Stbx was supposed to pick him up last night but he was at work until 10pm and i told him that was way too late since DS goes to bed around 8pm) DS got upset when he realized I wasn't going with him and started crying a little bit which broke my heart. I've been running errands and hanging out with my brother, niece (4) and nephews (3 & 7) I guess at some point I should go home to do stuff around the house but it's too quiet without my little boy there :-(
by on Aug. 9, 2014 at 7:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
trfgirl56701
by Member on Aug. 9, 2014 at 7:35 PM
Btw this is the first time DS will be spending the night with stbx so I'm a little nervous about how it'll go. DS also hasn't seen his dad since the 27th
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 9, 2014 at 7:40 PM

Lucky for you, having a sib and other kids to play with during the quiet times.  You will get used to it as time goes on - just realizing that a little boy doesn't stay so little.    Find a hobby you like to do during those times.

trfgirl56701
by Member on Aug. 9, 2014 at 7:43 PM
I think the next weekend DS goes to his dad's I'll actually pull my cross stitch out and start working on it again. After we move the middle of next month I'll use my free weekends to paint and decorate his room :-)

Quoting Anonymous:

Lucky for you, having a sib and other kids to play with during the quiet times.  You will get used to it as time goes on - just realizing that a little boy doesn't stay so little.    Find a hobby you like to do during those times.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 9, 2014 at 11:13 PM

good 

Quoting trfgirl56701: I think the next weekend DS goes to his dad's I'll actually pull my cross stitch out and start working on it again. After we move the middle of next month I'll use my free weekends to paint and decorate his room :-)
Quoting Anonymous:

ANewMe0812
by Bronze Member on Aug. 9, 2014 at 11:29 PM
It is an adjustment but enjoy your free time!
cjsmom1
by Gold Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 6:19 AM

A quiet house is definitely hard to adjust to. Enjoy your free time

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)