Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

What's for dinner?

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2014 at 10:29 AM
  • 10 Replies

What is for dinner tonight?

by on Aug. 12, 2014 at 10:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Callaly
by Jessica on Aug. 12, 2014 at 10:31 AM

We are having shepards pie that I made yesterday when I was off work.  

Lexxielex
by New Member on Aug. 12, 2014 at 10:48 AM
Making rice steak and fresh green beans yum
krisnkids
by Gold Member on Aug. 12, 2014 at 10:51 AM

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE send me the recipe! I love it and haven't found a good one.

Quoting Callaly:

krisnkids
by Gold Member on Aug. 12, 2014 at 10:52 AM

Dinner tonight will probably be some steak (cubed because its cheaper), mashed potatoes and corn on the cob.

Callaly
by Jessica on Aug. 12, 2014 at 12:38 PM

Its from my head lol so I will try my best here, everyone loves it.

I use ground beef, ground pork and ground veal equal amounts and I used 2 small packages of it. I cook the meat with seasonings (salt pepper garlic and dried onion) when its cooked off I put it in the cassarole dish and I put a little cheese (whatever I have) in the meat and reseason lightly.

I use 1 large can of cream corn and 1 small can of normal corn mixed together with garlic salt and pepper

For the mashed potatoes I boil them (for that amount of meat I use 4 medium size ones) in salted water, when they are ready to mash I drain them, put in butter and mash them with a hand masher, then I add a little 10% cream a little milk and sour cream (Not healthy at all lol) once they aren't lumpy anymore I add white cheddar cheese.

I have also done half white potatoes and half sweet, its super yummy too

Put the casserole in the ovan for lets say 15 minutes at 350 once the cream corn starts to bubble and then I broil it till the top is turning brown.

Quoting krisnkids:

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE send me the recipe! I love it and haven't found a good one.

Quoting Callaly:

kfrog13
by Bronze Member on Aug. 12, 2014 at 1:00 PM

Luckily tonight will be whatever my mom cooks! They are in town and my mom loves to cook. Last night she made her meatloaf! YUM!!

PumpkinSpice8
by Member on Aug. 12, 2014 at 1:02 PM
Homemade chicken noodle soup and bakery bread. I made it yesterday so I just have to warm it up!
Nisha929
by Bronze Member on Aug. 12, 2014 at 2:01 PM

I took some ground beef out but I'm not sure yet what I'm gonna do with it.

ANewMe0812
by Bronze Member on Aug. 12, 2014 at 3:04 PM
Spaghetti. It's my little ones birthday but he is sick with hand foot and mouth disease so we're going to stay in and eat spaghetti. Then I'll give him a cupcake and watch him go to town on it.
Callaly
by Jessica on Aug. 12, 2014 at 3:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh poor guy :( DD had that not too long ago it was horrible. Hopefully he feels better soon!

Quoting ANewMe0812: Spaghetti. It's my little ones birthday but he is sick with hand foot and mouth disease so we're going to stay in and eat spaghetti. Then I'll give him a cupcake and watch him go to town on it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)