Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

First Date as a Mom

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2014 at 2:39 PM
  • 5 Replies

So I am going on a my first date this weekend and it's on my birthday. Double whammy! I'm pretty nervous but excited at the same time. The guy I am seeing is a single dad and seems like a really great person. 

I mainly have two questions that I'm looking advice for:

Since we both have children, it will probably be difficult not to talk about them. But I'm just wondering how much is too much?

And I still have the leftover flabby baby belly. It shows in literally everything I wear and makes it difficult to find jeans that fit. Are there any kinds of outfits you ladies reccomend that are comfy but cute?

by on Aug. 12, 2014 at 2:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
krisnkids
by Gold Member on Aug. 12, 2014 at 2:57 PM
1 mom liked this

It's perfectly fine to talk about your kids, just make sure you aren't talking too much about them.

As for tops, I think the best flattering kind might be one that kind of cinches below the boobs and is flowy down. I am okay weight wise but my boobs get lost some times. I put on a top like this at a clothing store and showed my bf, his comment? You increased your volume!

ANewMe0812
by Bronze Member on Aug. 12, 2014 at 2:59 PM
1 mom liked this
I haven't tried them, but all the young kids are raving about those high waisted jeans. Personally, I would rock that baby belly and not care. Guys don't usually notice those things until we point them out. Wear the jeans with a flowy top.

You can start by talking about the kids, it's a good way to break the ice. Then just ease into talking about other things. I think the first date may be a lot of talk about the kids because it's something you know for sure you have in common.

Good luck, have fun! And happy birthday.
Callaly
by Jessica on Aug. 12, 2014 at 3:41 PM
1 mom liked this

If you aren't comfortable then maybe try spanks? OR leggings with a flowy longer top.

Just enjoy yourself!

amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 2:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Happy birthday!  I hope that you have a great time on the date. :)

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 1:30 AM

Have fun!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN