Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

What would you do without your cellphone?

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2014 at 3:48 PM
  • 22 Replies
1 mom liked this

these days, everyone is so attached to their cellphones, if your broke, would you be able to go without it? Would you go get a new one right away? What would you do?

by on Aug. 12, 2014 at 3:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Nisha929
by Bronze Member on Aug. 12, 2014 at 4:26 PM

No I wouldn't because that is how my kids schools reach me when they have to. I'd definitely call my carrier and get a replacement asap.

Callaly
by Jessica on Aug. 12, 2014 at 4:39 PM

Thats how my DD communicates with me while she is with her dad and the daycare reaches me too

My phone screen cracked this weekend I was PISSED! The carrier I was with wouldn't do anything without me paying about 500$ I was even more pissed after that. SO went out and came back with a new phone with a new carrier and a new number, kind of sucks about the number but I am glad that I was able to get a new one, I would have flipped, esp that this week DD is with her father camping all week.

Quoting Nisha929:

No I wouldn't because that is how my kids schools reach me when they have to. I'd definitely call my carrier and get a replacement asap.

Nisha929
by Bronze Member on Aug. 12, 2014 at 4:45 PM

Whoa $500?! That's ridiculous! I'm glad you were able to get a new phone. I know what you mean about having a new number but it's better than shelling out $500. Did you end up with the same phone you had before or something different? 

Quoting Callaly:

Thats how my DD communicates with me while she is with her dad and the daycare reaches me too

My phone screen cracked this weekend I was PISSED! The carrier I was with wouldn't do anything without me paying about 500$ I was even more pissed after that. SO went out and came back with a new phone with a new carrier and a new number, kind of sucks about the number but I am glad that I was able to get a new one, I would have flipped, esp that this week DD is with her father camping all week.

Quoting Nisha929:

ANewMe0812
by Bronze Member on Aug. 12, 2014 at 9:40 PM
My phone broke (I may have forgotten it was in my pocket when I got into a swimming pool) and I couldn't afford a new one right away. It sucked but I had to wait about a week to get a new one.
Karen24
by Bronze Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 8:15 AM
I would be up the creek without my phone. I don't have a landline and my computer just died a few days ago.

I'm glad you were able to get a new phone. It's kind of an inconvenience to have to switch numbers though but it's better than being without.
Callaly
by Jessica on Aug. 13, 2014 at 8:28 AM

I had an S3 so it wasn't super up to date, now I have the Iphone 5c. I have been wanting an Iphone and SO had planned to get me one for christmas or my birthday, so its a really really early christmas gift lol

Quoting Nisha929:

Whoa $500?! That's ridiculous! I'm glad you were able to get a new phone. I know what you mean about having a new number but it's better than shelling out $500. Did you end up with the same phone you had before or something different? 

Quoting Callaly:

Quoting Nisha929:

Callaly
by Jessica on Aug. 13, 2014 at 8:29 AM

Its a huge pain but your right, its better then no phone at all!

Quoting Karen24: I would be up the creek without my phone. I don't have a landline and my computer just died a few days ago. I'm glad you were able to get a new phone. It's kind of an inconvenience to have to switch numbers though but it's better than being without.

Callaly
by Jessica on Aug. 13, 2014 at 8:30 AM

Do you have a land line? We don't have one we only use our cellphones, I would have gone crazy without it for a week!

Quoting ANewMe0812: My phone broke (I may have forgotten it was in my pocket when I got into a swimming pool) and I couldn't afford a new one right away. It sucked but I had to wait about a week to get a new one.

Mygirl30248
by Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 8:35 AM

The biggest reason to have a cell phone for me at least is to make sure everyone is okay. People use my cell to reach me for DD, if something happened to SO my cell is how I'd know & my other family & close friends as well. Yeah the apps are cool/cute/fun & I love the camera on my phone but honestly I could do away with all of that just want to be able to be reachable at any time for DD. 

Callaly
by Jessica on Aug. 13, 2014 at 8:37 AM

I have a smart phone because thats just the norm now.. but the first thing I thought when it broke was "Oh shit how the hell is DD going to call me" its all about communication to know everyone is fine as well for me.

Quoting Mygirl30248:

The biggest reason to have a cell phone for me at least is to make sure everyone is okay. People use my cell to reach me for DD, if something happened to SO my cell is how I'd know & my other family & close friends as well. Yeah the apps are cool/cute/fun & I love the camera on my phone but honestly I could do away with all of that just want to be able to be reachable at any time for DD. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN