Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Hello my name is Katherine and I'm pretty new here. I am not sure I am technically a single mom but I live with my boyfriend. We have an awesome but chaotic blended family. We each have a boy and a girl my kids are 9 and 6 his are 8 and 12.We normally get along beautifully and this is probably the happiest relationship I have ever been in.

His father died 2 years ago and his mother is ill and is expected to pass soon. His sister has lived at home for the past 10 years or so. She is 40, never married no kids, works part time, lazy and generally has no motivation in life to do anything. Sleeps in until 10 on days she doesnt work. The issue is where  sister is going to live when mom passes. There is nothing wrong with his sister she is just irresponsible in general, bad credit and never has any money. My boyfriend wants his sister to come stay with us and I say absolutely not. We have a full house as it is when we both have our kids and there is no reason why his sister should move in and disrupt everything, not to mention once she moves in she probably will never leave. I told him no. He is pissed and asks how I can turn my back on his family. His grown sister is not our responsibility. Both him and I work hard, stressed, and we do not need another adult in here in the mix. He says he wont turn his back on his sister and I say she can go live with another sibling one whos house already is not full, although they live out of state.

We got into a huge fight last night and I basically told him his sister is not living with us. Its my house, I own it, its my decision and the answer is no. Now he is not talking to me and says I am being selfish.

I am concerned that she will just be a burden on us. His mom gets stuck paying for her car repairs and all the other stuff since she is broke all the time. we dont need that and she is an adult who can take care of herself.

Am I being unreasonable?

by on Aug. 12, 2014 at 10:40 PM
Replies (11-13):
cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 1:17 AM

His sister needs to grow up

SueSahara
by Member on Aug. 15, 2014 at 11:15 AM
he probably is pushing to have her move in with you guys because all his other siblings have already said no to letting her live with them so he might have been the last resort and that's possibly why he is so upset because he's realizing she will have nowhere to go and she probably doesn't care because she figured somebody eventually will take care of her because that's how lazy bums think they are always assuming that there is somebody who will come along and take care of them

Quoting LifeStream:

Hello my name is Katherine and I'm pretty new here. I am not sure I am technically a single mom but I live with my boyfriend. We have an awesome but chaotic blended family. We each have a boy and a girl my kids are 9 and 6 his are 8 and 12.We normally get along beautifully and this is probably the happiest relationship I have ever been in.

His father died 2 years ago and his mother is ill and is expected to pass soon. His sister has lived at home for the past 10 years or so. She is 40, never married no kids, works part time, lazy and generally has no motivation in life to do anything. Sleeps in until 10 on days she doesnt work. The issue is where  sister is going to live when mom passes. There is nothing wrong with his sister she is just irresponsible in general, bad credit and never has any money. My boyfriend wants his sister to come stay with us and I say absolutely not. We have a full house as it is when we both have our kids and there is no reason why his sister should move in and disrupt everything, not to mention once she moves in she probably will never leave. I told him no. He is pissed and asks how I can turn my back on his family. His grown sister is not our responsibility. Both him and I work hard, stressed, and we do not need another adult in here in the mix. He says he wont turn his back on his sister and I say she can go live with another sibling one whos house already is not full, although they live out of state.

We got into a huge fight last night and I basically told him his sister is not living with us. Its my house, I own it, its my decision and the answer is no. Now he is not talking to me and says I am being selfish.

I am concerned that she will just be a burden on us. His mom gets stuck paying for her car repairs and all the other stuff since she is broke all the time. we dont need that and she is an adult who can take care of herself.

Am I being unreasonable?

MommeeOfOne
by on Aug. 15, 2014 at 11:32 AM

no, your not! This is a battle to fight.

She is 40!! not 14 and in good health - she can work and an apartment. If he is so concerned about her then he can go live with her.

You don't need that added stress or expense! If you believed it would be for a short time it would be different BUT that is not the case so, NO!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN