Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Is there respect between you?

Posted by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 2:31 PM
  • 12 Replies

Do you respect your ex as a parent?  Why/why not?

Do you feel that your ex respects you as a parent?  Does he respect you as a person?

by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 2:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
krisnkids
by Gold Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 3:42 PM

No and no.

ETA: I don't respect him because he thinks that it is okay to talk bad about the other parent, criticize his children over stupid crap and is just a general @sshole.

No, he doesn't respect me. Never has

mrsary
by Silver Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 3:44 PM
None. He hasn't seen them in 4 years although I offer him to.
sid1083
by Silver Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 4:10 PM

I respect the fact BD is my children's parent. But as a parent? No - he would have to actually be there for the kids.

Idk if he respects me as a parent . . . some days I'd say yes, but when the issues start cropping up, then no, there's no respect for me at all (as a person or the primary parent). 

FLmom26
by Bronze Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 4:29 PM

Nope. Can't respect someone as a parent who can actually look at their child and call them a "retard" because they're making up silly games playing by them self (ds was 5 at the time) Only thing I can hope for is that the new gf will keep his jerk-ness in check when ds is there with them :(

And no, he doesn't respect me as a parent either. I constantly get told everything he thinks I'm doing wrong with ds, whether real or perceived. I'm always getting told how I know nothing about raising a boy and I should just let ds come live with him cause he'd be such a better parent. (have I mentioned how my ex is a total dick!)

Nisha929
by Bronze Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 5:13 PM

Nope! I can't respect a man that chooses not to take care of his children. 

I couldn't care less whether he respects me as a parent or not and the same goes for him respecting me as a person. Unless I have to speak to him...he doesn't exist to me and I hope he feels the same way about me.

Mommy2Boys0900
by Unique Yanique on Aug. 13, 2014 at 5:35 PM
My oldest son's dad never had any respect for me. I respect the fact that he pays his court ordered, garnished from his paycheck, child support.
I don't have an ounce of respect for my youngest son's dad. He's in his late 40s, lives with his mommy, doesn't work and has no desire to.
Mommy2Boys0900
by Unique Yanique on Aug. 13, 2014 at 5:37 PM
Oh, my older son's dad tells me (through texts) every so often, what a great job I'm doing. My thoughts are, tell me something I don't know :-)
cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 1:22 AM
1 mom liked this

Kind of. Our parenting styles are very different. Sometimes we ask each other for advice on parenting issues because we know the other would handle it better

trfgirl56701
by Bronze Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 9:05 AM

No because stbx hasn't paid attention to DS since he was born. The thought of him having DS for the weekend worries me since I know stbx only eats once or twice a day and spends most of his time playing on his phone or watching movies.

I don't know if he respects me as a parent. I know he's bitched at me before about babying DS and getting mad because DS doesn't ask for help from him when DS needs things. Hello you can't expect him to ask for help when he remembers you either won't get up, tell him to get me or you can't figure out what he wants and get mad at him.

Frances0923
by Bronze Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 9:10 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes I fully respect my ex as a parent. He is a great father and someone I can count on no matter what 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN