Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

What are your plans for the weekend?

Posted by on Aug. 14, 2014 at 8:08 AM
  • 45 Replies

What are your plans for the weekend?  Are you doing anything exciting?

My kids will be spending this weekend with their dad, however I'll be seeing my daughter for a bit on Friday when the two of us go get our hair done.  I was going ot meet up with a girl friend for happy hour after, but she mentioned yesterday that she may not be able to do so.  

playing golf

by on Aug. 14, 2014 at 8:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
krisnkids
by Gold Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 8:14 AM

We have a busy weekend.....again. :)

Friday night and Saturday we are camping with our church. Sunday we are going up to a civil war re-enactment that my bf will participate in.

Callaly
by Jessica on Aug. 14, 2014 at 8:36 AM

This weekend we are cleaning as we didn't clean last weekend because we were so busy, we have a BBQ with friends Sunday. Pretty laid back!

trfgirl56701
by Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 8:49 AM

Saturday morning we have a birthday party for the son of one of my friends. Then I'm hoping to take DS school supply shopping and pick out the paint colors for his new bedroom. Sunday we're going to the new house to have a BBQ and go swimming with the previous owners. FIL is going to learn how to take care of the pool and hot tub while we're there.

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Aug. 14, 2014 at 9:46 AM

Camping sounds like fun.  Will you be in tents?

Quoting krisnkids:

Friday night and Saturday we are camping with our church. Sunday we are going up to a civil war re-enactment that my bf will participate in.

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Aug. 14, 2014 at 9:46 AM

I like laid back!  Are you taking anything to the BBQ?

Quoting Callaly:

This weekend we are cleaning as we didn't clean last weekend because we were so busy, we have a BBQ with friends Sunday. Pretty laid back!

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Aug. 14, 2014 at 9:47 AM

Happy birthday to your friend's son!  How old is he?

Does your son want a particular color in his room?

Quoting trfgirl56701:

Saturday morning we have a birthday party for the son of one of my friends. Then I'm hoping to take DS school supply shopping and pick out the paint colors for his new bedroom. Sunday we're going to the new house to have a BBQ and go swimming with the previous owners. FIL is going to learn how to take care of the pool and hot tub while we're there.

trfgirl56701
by Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 10:00 AM

I "think" he's turning 6. She's a newer friend so I'm still getting to know her.

I'm planning to do the gray and maybe a darker blue for the wider stripe. DS is almost 4 and decided that he wants a Mario bedroom. I talked to my brother about doing a mural on some plywood (so we can take it down) and a few other smaller paintings. I figured the gray would be a great backdrop for any theme DS will want to do as he grows up.

Quoting Cafe AmyS:

Quoting trfgirl56701:

krisnkids
by Gold Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 10:15 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes in tents. Bf in a civil war era one and myself and kids in a 'modern' tent.

Quoting Cafe AmyS:

Camping sounds like fun.  Will you be in tents?

Quoting krisnkids:

ivf_blessed
by Bronze Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 10:33 AM

I love this room :)

Quoting trfgirl56701:

I "think" he's turning 6. She's a newer friend so I'm still getting to know her.

I'm planning to do the gray and maybe a darker blue for the wider stripe. DS is almost 4 and decided that he wants a Mario bedroom. I talked to my brother about doing a mural on some plywood (so we can take it down) and a few other smaller paintings. I figured the gray would be a great backdrop for any theme DS will want to do as he grows up.

Quoting Cafe AmyS:

Quoting trfgirl56701:

ivf blessed
ivf_blessed
by Bronze Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 10:37 AM

My kids come back tomorrow (they've been at their Dad's for 3 weeks - although I have gotten to see them on a regular basis).  So, instead of 'cleaning' this weekend, my house will cease being clean everyday...LOL

Saturday we have a pool/bday party to attend.

Sunday we'll go to church then I have booked us for a night at Great Wolf Lodge so we'll be spending 2 days at the water park and playing MagiQuest.

I took off work Monday & Tuesday.  Monday, after GWL we'll go out for All You Can Eat Crab Legs - been dying to try this place all summer but they only do this on Monday nights and we had swim meets on Monday nights up until they went to their Dad's.  Tuesday, we'll probably hit Busch Gardens for the day since I'm sure we'll be over the water park thing.  We have season passes to Busch/Water Country.

It's our last 'mini vacay' before school starts back up.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)