Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

What are your plans for the weekend?

Posted by   + Show Post

What are your plans for the weekend?  Are you doing anything exciting?

My kids will be spending this weekend with their dad, however I'll be seeing my daughter for a bit on Friday when the two of us go get our hair done.  I was going ot meet up with a girl friend for happy hour after, but she mentioned yesterday that she may not be able to do so.  

playing golf

by on Aug. 14, 2014 at 8:08 AM
Replies (41-45):
everadullmoment
by New Member on Aug. 15, 2014 at 10:51 PM

This weekend I hope to start preparing things for the baby. I guess we'll see how lazy I am lol.

Mygirl30248
by Member on Aug. 15, 2014 at 10:55 PM
Tomorrow morning DD has a children's day hosted by her taekwondo instructor. So 10am line up for parade. Once done enjoy activities then 1:30 its her demonstration. After i bring DD to her dads & she has a wedding to attend. Then Sunday I work 6:30a-2:30p.
RalphsMommy123
by on Aug. 15, 2014 at 11:58 PM
I think its because its open water and not a pool. He's only 18 months so I'm slowly breaking him in.

Quoting Cafe AmyS:

I think I'd rather go to the beach myself.  Why is he afraid of the ocean?

Quoting RalphsMommy123: Im not sure yet. Im about 45 minutes from Myrtle Beach so I might head out there. Or take my son to Chuck E. Cheese. I really want to relax at the beach but my son is petrified of the ocean lol.

zumbanerd
by Bronze Member on Aug. 16, 2014 at 7:22 AM

The date was odd. He seems fine except he had to keep taking phone calls during our date. That's a turn off for me. It was only one hour of his day. He thinks we should go on a date next weekend, but I need to think about it. I could see if he has a similar behavior next time, but I'm not having high hopes right now. 

On the positive side, we got the guitar, shoes and underthings all done last night :). I ended up saving quite a bit of money.  Now we just need to get the backpack supplies and we'll be done! Yay!!

Quoting Cafe AmyS:

It sounds like you're taking things nice and slow with dating, I hope the coffee date goes well.  At the very least, maybe you'll have a new friend. :)

That is a strange way of doing kindy/elementary.  It seems it would be easier to have them do kindergarten in their future elem schools.  Eh, what do I know?  lol

Quoting zumbanerd:

Tomorrow I have a coffee date with a new person (I'm really not ready for a relationship so I'm dating more than one person ;). I have another person that I've been seeing, but he didn't ask me about doing anything this weekend so there isn't anything going on on that front.

Saturday, we're having a play date with someone from her kindergarten class. They are going to be in separate schools starting in the fall, but I hope that they are able to keep up with their friendship. We'll see how that goes. I'm not exactly fond of how my town handles kindergarten as one school everyone goes to and then everyone goes to elementary school separately. Then they will all get together again for middle school and high school. It's just odd to me. Why not have them develop relationships with the same people from K-5 and then they can broaden their circles starting in middle school. Oh well, what are you going to do, right?

I'm also doing school shopping this weekend. I have the clothes bought, but I still need to get her shoes, school supplies, a guitar and underthings  like socks and such.

I'm probably going to grill some more this weekend. I tried going back to the Dr. Oz two week diet this week and I only did a day and I was off the wagon.

I had what you are having happen now last weekend with a friend of mine. I hope that you are able to at least have a relaxing weekend :)

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Aug. 16, 2014 at 9:35 AM
No idea yet!

Quoting Cafe AmyS:

That's nice that you're able to go and help your sister out.  

What movies?

Quoting LifeCafe42: Going to LA to help my sister with cleaning out my moms loft then home and Sunday DS and I are watching movies all day doing absolutely nothing

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN