Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Do you ever regret having children?

Posted by on Aug. 14, 2014 at 1:34 PM
  • 249 Replies
4 moms liked this

I am not sure if "regret" is the correct term but I was having a conversation with a co-worker who is now a single mom to 3 beautiful children, and she mentioned somewhere in the convo that its extremely hard being a mother and that she sometimes wishes she didn't have children. I know she loves her children, we all do!  Has there ever been a moment in your life where you thought "dam I wish I was kidless?"   

by on Aug. 14, 2014 at 1:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 14, 2014 at 1:41 PM
16 moms liked this

No, not kidless, but wishing I had a different husband to have children with together.  One who respected me as well as the children.  Sad, I did let one go for it.  Because I believe with all my heart he would have been the husband I had always wanted to have kids with.   The one I did have with kids - is just a plain hateful guy. I wish I could tell many of many of people who knew him.

Nisha929
by Bronze Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 1:41 PM
24 moms liked this

I love my kids to death and wouldn't trade them for the world but I never wanted kids. I do have moments where I think "damn...I should have never had kids". Then we're having a great time doing something and I feel bad for thinking like that.

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Aug. 14, 2014 at 2:01 PM
3 moms liked this

Never!!

trfgirl56701
by Bronze Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 2:29 PM
3 moms liked this

Never. I've wished that I'd done things differently with stbx but having DS is worth what I've dealt with lately.

alma_viv
by Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 2:34 PM
6 moms liked this
I love my daughter, with out her my life would be a mess, I think. But yes I believe its normal to think that way. Ive thought about it from time to time, mostly because I hate having to share her with her father. Him and I think soo differently and it causes agruements. But I think maybe your friend needs more time to do what she likes and wants for herself.
ANewMe0812
by Bronze Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 2:41 PM
4 moms liked this

Never but I do often wish that things had been different in terms of my relationship with his father. Not so much that we had stayed together but just that I hadn't waited so long and let so much animosity toward him build up before our relationship ended.

amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 3:23 PM
11 moms liked this

No way.  Nope.  I love being a mom and I adore my kids, I couldn't imagine not having them.

Now, wishing for a break once in a while, that's different and totally normal.

idomatter
by Bronze Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 4:14 PM
2 moms liked this

HELL TO THE NO!

SingleMomADVCT
by New Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 4:22 PM
22 moms liked this

anyone who says that the idea never crossed their mind is lying, we love our children an they drive us nuts it isnt irrational to express displeasure in motherhood as long as you remain adament on providing an giving that child all the love they deserve.

Callaly
by Jessica on Aug. 14, 2014 at 4:52 PM
6 moms liked this

Never wished that I didn't have DD, even tho I had her young.. I never wished it but I have wished and will always wish it wasn't with her father, he doesn't deserve to be a father to such an amazing human being.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN