Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Do you ever regret having children?

Posted by   + Show Post

I am not sure if "regret" is the correct term but I was having a conversation with a co-worker who is now a single mom to 3 beautiful children, and she mentioned somewhere in the convo that its extremely hard being a mother and that she sometimes wishes she didn't have children. I know she loves her children, we all do!  Has there ever been a moment in your life where you thought "dam I wish I was kidless?"   

by on Aug. 14, 2014 at 1:34 PM
Replies (241-249):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 21, 2014 at 7:22 PM

I don't see you being single very long.  Out there is someone that will be a positive influence in your two's lives.  You'll be okay.  GL

Quoting kitcal78: I regret being a single mom. I regret not having a complete family for us. I regret not being able to provide for us on my salary. in that sense I regret bringing him into a word of struggle. Out of anger, frustration and stress I've said why did I do this to him. My son is two I'm turning 36 in November. I strongly doubt he will have siblings. well on my end. his father had 4 other children. His father doesn't have a relationship with any of his sons. his oldest is his only daughter. That relationship is strained. I regret his father being a liar not being a part of his life. I love my son hard head and all. I can only grow from here. Pray and make a way for out better future together.

mommyycillaa
by on Aug. 24, 2014 at 4:55 PM

i don't "regret" my son, I just wish i would have waited...I was young and thought i was in love, everything happened so soon.....but now I have a beautiful child whom i love with all my heart <3

BoyzBliss
by on Aug. 28, 2014 at 8:42 AM
No way! That idea has never crossed my mind because my boys are my world. I love them so much I thank God everyday for such an immense gift and honor.

Do they drive me crazy? Yes! Lol. So I wish for more 'me' time and date nights with hubby but other than that, I adore being a mom.
Callaly
by Jessica on Aug. 28, 2014 at 8:47 AM
1 mom liked this

Yea thats a positive spin on it, I was so young and made a lot of mistakes (her not being one of them) and I do plan to have more kids so I will probably be that 30 year old with a new born lol FML it sucks to have to restart it all over again

Quoting Frances0923:

I actually love that I had my son at 19, I'm turning 30 now and I see my friends dealing with newborns and babies and I'm  like HELL NO lol can't do that again. School was hard but I managed. Atleast we can say that we'll be young enough to enjoy our times with our kids when they are older

Quoting Callaly:

How old were you? I had DD young too, it has really made continuing education hard.

Quoting cjsmom1:

I wish I would have waited to have ds. I had him young and its been a struggle to support him and do everything. I wish I would have waited until I had a good career

ooCherryo0
by New Member on Sep. 15, 2014 at 4:33 PM

Do I regret it? No, but if I could have my same kids at an older age and my daughter with a differnt guy I would have.

a92882
by on Sep. 17, 2014 at 2:26 PM

Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like without them.  I sometimes wish I had the freedom my single friends have but at the end of the day when my little one kisses me goodnight and give me big hugs I think about how lucky I am and I wouldn't change a thing!!

MommaGoosey
by on Sep. 19, 2014 at 9:29 PM

Nope I love my baby too much and cant wait to begin trying for another! I could understand her frstration, its alot being a single mother. I believe she can do it and once she finds her way out of her recent set of events she will be much stronger and happier. Prayers to her!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 59 on Sep. 19, 2014 at 9:42 PM
No I love DD but I do wish she was my now SO instead of my ex who just hurts her feelings.

Also when/if I have another there will be a huge age gap my DD is 6 years old & the youngest in the line of cousins. I wonder if I'll end up having two with SO so the one child isn't alone. Who knows.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 60 on Sep. 20, 2014 at 12:49 AM
I feel the same way though I have 2 kids, and yes both have the same sperm donor.

Quoting kitcal78: I regret being a single mom. I regret not having a complete family for us. I regret not being able to provide for us on my salary. in that sense I regret bringing him into a word of struggle.

Out of anger, frustration and stress I've said why did I do this to him. My son is two I'm turning 36 in November. I strongly doubt he will have siblings. well on my end. his father had 4 other children. His father doesn't have a relationship with any of his sons. his oldest is his only daughter. That relationship is strained. I regret his father being a liar not being a part of his life.

I love my son hard head and all. I can only grow from here. Pray and make a way for out better future together.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)