Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Why?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies

my son plays sports, I give his dad all the game schedules and he doesn't go, his dad has asked me to buy a video recorder to record the games. I told him I have no problem recording the game for him if he provides the recorder. I pay for everything for my child, while his dad does the bare minimum. I think I am being fair, what y'all think? 

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 14, 2014 at 1:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 14, 2014 at 1:53 PM

Umm, what?  No, I wouldn't provide recording the games for him.  He can go and record them himself.  After all providing him with the game schedule is the best you could do. What's his issues for not going?  Doesn't he have child visitation on the weekends - to take him to the games?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 14, 2014 at 2:03 PM

He is too busy going to the bar, and going out partying with his friends, he is twenty-eight but has never stepped up to the plate as a dad. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Umm, what?  No, I wouldn't provide recording the games for him.  He can go and record them himself.  After all providing him with the game schedule is the best you could do. What's his issues for not going?  Doesn't he have child visitation on the weekends - to take him to the games?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 14, 2014 at 2:08 PM

So he doesn't have weekend visitions?  You have done your job by giving him the schedule and there is nothing else you need to do for him.  If he has weekend visitations, he should be taking him to his games, no excuse because he has the schedule.

Quoting Anonymous:

He is too busy going to the bar, and going out partying with his friends, he is twenty-eight but has never stepped up to the plate as a dad. 

Quoting Anonymous:

ANewMe0812
by Bronze Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 2:12 PM

I agree with you, record them if he gives you a camera to do so with. What a lazy-ass. Hopefully he gets his priorities straight someday soon.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 14, 2014 at 2:13 PM

He has every other weekend but doesn't show because he would rather go partying.

Quoting Anonymous:

So he doesn't have weekend visitions?  You have done your job by giving him the schedule and there is nothing else you need to do for him.  If he has weekend visitations, he should be taking him to his games, no excuse because he has the schedule.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

krisnkids
by Gold Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 2:17 PM

Tell him to take the time to come watch them in person. The tickets are usually a lot cheaper than buying a video camera.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 14, 2014 at 2:18 PM

there are no tickets its free. 

Quoting krisnkids:

Tell him to take the time to come watch them in person. The tickets are usually a lot cheaper than buying a video camera.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 14, 2014 at 2:22 PM

What does your court order state about the activity?

Quoting Anonymous:

He has every other weekend but doesn't show because he would rather go partying.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

krisnkids
by Gold Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 2:23 PM

I know, that's my point.

Quoting Anonymous:

there are no tickets its free. 

Quoting krisnkids:

trfgirl56701
by Bronze Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 2:26 PM

I think you're being more than fair. He really should make the effort to go to the games himself though. I gave stbx DS's T-ball schedule and he showed up for most of his games.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN