Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Am I being paranoid?

Posted by on Aug. 16, 2014 at 9:42 PM
  • 6 Replies

Okay, so my ex hasn't seen our son, A, since I moved home three years ago. I informed my ex in via email before we moved which satisfied the state's requirements regarding moves out of state. During those three years the ex has not initiated any contact with us, I've always had to call him. Well, last fall I made plans to take A to see his dad for Christmas, but mid November his dad started dating someone new and said we couldn't visit. A week later he changed his mind and said that we could visit but only if his new girlfriend was allowed to play mommy to A. I said I would not allow her to meet A yet because he had only started dating her a week before. He then proceeded to call me a slut and call A a retard and he hung up on me. We didn't speak until February of this year when I called to inform him that A had a seizure. He then told me that A hadn't had a seizure because his girlfriend knows a doctor and she said there was no seizure. Well, the other day the ex emailed asking if his name was on A's birth certificate, I answered and haven't heard from him since. I'm worried that he might plan to file for custody as he has threatened to do so in the past to spite me. He doesn't care about A and A is terrified of him. I don't want him to have custody or even visitation because A is autistic, epileptic, and diabetic and his father has made it clear that he doesn't believe A has any of these conditions and wouldn't give A the medicine he needs to survive. Am I being paranoid here? Is there some other reason he might need A's birth certificate?

by on Aug. 16, 2014 at 9:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Aug. 16, 2014 at 10:06 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't know why he needs to know if he is on the birth certificate but I know after hearing him call my son a retard would have been the last time he heard from me.

Lokiri
by New Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 4:25 PM
Quoting virginiamama71:

I don't know why he needs to know if he is on the birth certificate but I know after hearing him call my son a retard would have been the last time he heard from me.

I wasn't going to contact him after the November incident, but when my son had a seizure I decided I would be the bigger person. Mostly because I needed to know if there was a family history of epilepsy on his side.

Frances0923
by Bronze Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 5:03 PM
He called your son a retard? And you still reply to that assholes email??? Delete him from your life completely and never look back. If he was to do something with the courts than let the courts notify you.
kfrog13
by Bronze Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 11:41 PM
What an asshole! I'm also betting he treated you similarly when you were together. If so I definitely get why you still try and keep him informed. You are likely terrified in some way that he is correct and you are in the wrong. Please keep your chin up and hopefully he's just trying to get a rise out of you. If something comes of this, make sure you inform the judge of what's going on and hire a lawyer if necessary.
cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 12:14 AM
1 mom liked this

I agree with the others about stopping contact. Keep proof that you have contacted him before but I wouldn't go out of my way to give him any information. Him calling your son a retard is unacceptable

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Aug. 18, 2014 at 8:54 AM

I still would not have contacted him. Medical professionals are use to people not knowing their medical history.

Quoting Lokiri:
Quoting virginiamama71:

I wasn't going to contact him after the November incident, but when my son had a seizure I decided I would be the bigger person. Mostly because I needed to know if there was a family history of epilepsy on his side.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN