Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Problems with Ex's Girlfriend

Posted by on Aug. 22, 2014 at 6:48 AM
  • 83 Replies
1 mom liked this
Hello, my name is Mandy, I have two sons Wyatt who is 8 and Maverick who is 5. They both are very smart, sweet and the light of my life!
Recently my oldest son had open house at his school. My ex and his girlfriend showed up. The girlfriend spoke to my son's teacher asking her several questions and even signed up to volunteer for his class. She and I do not get along. She has caused several problems and has been the driving force in many of the disagreements between my ex and I.
I felt very much like she was over stepping boundaries by her doing this. She has no children at this school, in fact her six year old daughter goes to a completely different elementary school.
Any opinions or similar situations?
by on Aug. 22, 2014 at 6:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 22, 2014 at 7:01 AM
2 moms liked this
Honestly mama I believe they do it just to get on our nerves my ex's wife is like that. Then again I love the fact that she barely tries to play mommy to my daughter because she hates me and I have a great dislike for her.

What's funny is I still hold my ex's attention I could answer the door with a suit of armor on and he'd still try to screw me smh. Lil does she realize she has my left overs and I do not want him back.

Bottom line she is trying to make you jealous and play mommy because in her tiny lil pea brain she is lol.

I feel sorry for women like this
Miss_Magnolia.
by Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 7:43 AM

that's weird.

I think it would be different if they were married. Just be glad he's with someone who cares about your sons.

wyattmavmom
by Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 8:04 AM
I don't know that she truly cares for my sons. My oldest toe walks and she called him a "freak" because of it. There's been some other instances of unkindness as well. I feel like it's a matter of competition. I couldn't imagine going to my bf's son's school and butting in front of his mom to talk to his teacher. To me that's just not my place. I'm not really sure what to think or how to deal with it. I'm going to be helping out in his class and it would be very awkward with her there too and just weird.

Quoting Miss_Magnolia.:

that's weird.

I think it would be different if they were married. Just be glad he's with someone who cares about your sons.

Frances0923
by Bronze Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 9:04 AM
2 moms liked this

Are they married? Its weird that the teacher allowed her to sign up if they aren't married. I would be upset if we didn't get along. No one plays mommy to my kid but me Lol ExDH knows I am extremely jealous when it comes to my son and I am not afraid to voice it over and over and over again ... Oh AND I LOVE YOUR CHILDRENS NAME!!!!!!

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Aug. 22, 2014 at 9:34 AM
1 mom liked this

It's nice that she cares but she has her own child's school to stay involved in.

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Aug. 22, 2014 at 9:36 AM

Not good.

Quoting wyattmavmom: I don't know that she truly cares for my sons. My oldest toe walks and she called him a "freak" because of it.

wyattmavmom
by Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 9:40 AM
Thank you!:)
They are not married which makes it even stranger, she is simply a live-in girlfriend. And yes, I do not like her playing "mommy" to my kids,there is only one mommy and that's me! Unfortunately I cannot voice anything to my ex because they seem to enjoy when I am bothered by something they do. I feel like I just have to live with it and I am not coping very well. This is not the only instance she has done something like this,just the most recent.
She has actually taken my son out of school (with the ex's permission,so nothing I could do about it) to take him to her daughter's pediatrician without letting me know anything about it.

Quoting Frances0923:

Are they married? Its weird that the teacher allowed her to sign up if they aren't married. I would be upset if we didn't get along. No one plays mommy to my kid but me Lol ExDH knows I am extremely jealous when it comes to my son and I am not afraid to voice it over and over and over again ... Oh AND I LOVE YOUR CHILDRENS NAME!!!!!!

wyattmavmom
by Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 9:45 AM
1 mom liked this
That was my thought.

Quoting virginiamama71:

It's nice that she cares but she has her own child's school to stay involved in.

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Aug. 22, 2014 at 9:47 AM

why did he need to leave school if he did not have a medical appointment?

does he go with her after school?

Quoting wyattmavmom: Thank you!:) They are not married which makes it even stranger, she is simply a live-in girlfriend. And yes, I do not like her playing "mommy" to my kids,there is only one mommy and that's me! Unfortunately I cannot voice anything to my ex because they seem to enjoy when I am bothered by something they do. I feel like I just have to live with it and I am not coping very well. This is not the only instance she has done something like this,just the most recent. She has actually taken my son out of school (with the ex's permission,so nothing I could do about it) to take him to her daughter's pediatrician without letting me know anything about it.
Quoting Frances0923:

wyattmavmom
by Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 9:57 AM
I had recently taken my son to his doctor about his toe-walking, he was recommended pt therapy, stretching to lenghthen his achilles tendons. He then would be re-evaluated in a few months. I should mention that his toe-walking is not severe in any way and barely noticeable. She decided that wasn't enough so she took him to the doctor she uses. What bothered me was that she told the doctor he was in pain, which was completely not true. I feel like it was a way to make me look like I wasn't doing enough for my son or being a good enough mother to him.
He is allowed to leave school with her unfortunately because put her on the list. But in this case he was with her. But I know this is something he would have never done on his own.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN