Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Have you ever had Surgery?

Posted by on Aug. 26, 2014 at 12:23 PM
  • 28 Replies

If so for what? Did you go under? What was your recovery time?

by on Aug. 26, 2014 at 12:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bookoholic
by Bronze Member on Aug. 26, 2014 at 12:27 PM
At 7 I have kidney surgery, it took a week to recover, at 13 kidney surgery again another month to fully recover, at 21 bilateral stent placement and removal of kidneys couple of hours recovery, did this twice. And my c section at 21 a months recovery from.complications.
Nisha929
by Bronze Member on Aug. 26, 2014 at 12:30 PM

I had c-sections with both pregnancies. I was just numb from the waist down. My recovery with the first one was about a month or so. After the second one...the recovery time was less.

Callaly
by Jessica on Aug. 26, 2014 at 12:33 PM

I had a csection with DD, i felt great after 2 weeks, but the dr said it was being I was younger and my body healed super fast Ill expect with my next it would be 1+ months.

I go for a small surgery at the end of sept. Im a little nervous.

Quoting Nisha929:

I had c-sections with both pregnancies. I was just numb from the waist down. My recovery with the first one was about a month or so. After the second one...the recovery time was less.

krisnkids
by Gold Member on Aug. 26, 2014 at 12:34 PM

A few times

"hyernia repair" turned out to be a mass on my liver. Day surgery turned into a 5 day hospital stay. It took me about another 5 days to recover at home before I was functional.

Csection-I wasn't knocked out so I recovered a lot quicker. Drove cross country 3 weeks after surgery.

New one on Oct 13 to fix my finger that I damaged back in 1995.

Callaly
by Jessica on Aug. 26, 2014 at 12:34 PM

Wow thats alot of surgeries!

Quoting Bookoholic: At 7 I have kidney surgery, it took a week to recover, at 13 kidney surgery again another month to fully recover, at 21 bilateral stent placement and removal of kidneys couple of hours recovery, did this twice. And my c section at 21 a months recovery from.complications.

Callaly
by Jessica on Aug. 26, 2014 at 12:36 PM

I was awkae for my csection too and I was good to go about 2 weeks after.

I am having a surgery On sept. 23rd for a growth on my head.. they think it might be a cyst but maybe something else.. they will test it after its removed.

Quoting krisnkids:

A few times

"hyernia repair" turned out to be a mass on my liver. Day surgery turned into a 5 day hospital stay. It took me about another 5 days to recover at home before I was functional.

Csection-I wasn't knocked out so I recovered a lot quicker. Drove cross country 3 weeks after surgery.

New one on Oct 13 to fix my finger that I damaged back in 1995.

trfgirl56701
by Bronze Member on Aug. 26, 2014 at 12:43 PM

I had an ablation for SVT done the beginning of 2009 and then a c-section with DS in 2010. I was put under for the ablation and was awake for my c-section

Nisha929
by Bronze Member on Aug. 26, 2014 at 12:50 PM

Having even the simplest of surgeries makes people nervous but I'm sure you'll be just fine. Did they tell you what the recovery time should be? 

Quoting Callaly:

I had a csection with DD, i felt great after 2 weeks, but the dr said it was being I was younger and my body healed super fast Ill expect with my next it would be 1+ months.

Quoting Nisha929:

Callaly
by Jessica on Aug. 26, 2014 at 12:58 PM

I should be fine the following day, I just have an unrealistic fear of needles lol

Quoting Nisha929:

Having even the simplest of surgeries makes people nervous but I'm sure you'll be just fine. Did they tell you what the recovery time should be? 

Quoting Callaly:

Quoting Nisha929:

booscomputer
by Member on Aug. 26, 2014 at 1:44 PM

Yep -- had half my thyroid removed because they couldn't tell if the nodules were cancerous or not.  I was all prepared for a period of time in great pain and weight loss and agony because they gave me a prescription for 30 days of hydrocodone.  I bought PF Chang's chicken soup because it's the best soup EVER.  I was all set.  Had the surgery at night, miserable night because they sit you on this plastic thing because they don't want you to pee in their bed -- was up and eating graham crackers at 5 a.m.   So, no weight loss, no need for the soup but it tasted good and the hydrocodone is still sitting in my medicine cabinet or somewhere ... I worked myself all up for nothing.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN