Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

School bus horrors

Posted by on Aug. 27, 2014 at 3:47 PM
  • 7 Replies

Today I waited for my kids to get off the school bus and as soon as it pulled up the only thing that I heard was screaming. It was a very horrifying type of scream and the only thing that I could do was wonder what was going on. When the bus stopped and the kids started to get off this horrible screaming was still going on and the poor bus driver sat there really not knowing what to do. I felt so sorry for him. When my kids walked up to me they said “mommy did you hear that”? They told me that there are some boys that sit in the back that argues and starts fights every day and today it just got a little worse. My question is: Is there something that I can do as a parent to help fix this situation or if my children are not involved should I stay out of it? What would you do?

by on Aug. 27, 2014 at 3:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 27, 2014 at 3:54 PM
I would be calling transportation/school. Why isn't the bus driver taking them back to the school and telling someone?
Callaly
by Jessica on Aug. 27, 2014 at 3:57 PM

I would call the school and talk to who ever is in charge of the transportation. those kids need to have a talking to.

When I was taking school buses if you even stood up in the bus you got a ticket and needed to go to the principals office and the parents needed to come to the school , if you got more then 3 then you were no longer able to take the bus to and from school!

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Aug. 27, 2014 at 4:03 PM

If the screaming alerted a parent than it should alert the driver too.

cjsmom1
by Gold Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 1:45 AM
I would call the school and let them know about it
sweetspice03
by Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 1:52 AM

I would definitely report it to the school.

SomethingSoReal
by Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 7:30 AM

Thank you ladies for your advice. I emailed the principal yesterday evening and she called me right away. She told me that she undersands my concerns because she has little one also and she asked me for the bus number. She said that she will make sure that this gets taken care of immediately. I am happy that I did the right thing.

Karen24
by Bronze Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 8:12 AM
If there is an issue with the bus you could always call the bus company. I think that is a more direct route.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)