Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

It's hard being a single mom!!!!

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2014 at 2:06 AM
  • 15 Replies

Being mother and father to both of my boys has gotten so much harder! All work no play.  I am struggling financially and emotional. Did I mention tired??????

by on Aug. 28, 2014 at 2:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kfrog13
by Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 5:03 AM
Yes, it is very hard. I completely understand. I wouldn't be able to do it without my awesome parents and some amazing friends I've become closer to since separating from my ex. I take it their dad is not in the picture?
Karen24
by Bronze Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 8:22 AM
Oh I know! It is definitely hard. The biggest problem I have is not being able to be in two places at once. And yeah it is beyond tiring. I'm still worn out from working a double shift the day before yesterday. I hate having to tell my kids no I don't want to play a game right now (or do any other physically or mentally draining activity) because I'm exhausted.
sid1083
by Silver Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 1:36 PM
1 mom liked this

While I've never tried to be a father to my kids, it is a lot of work doing the job solo. I intentionally make time for the fun stuff on my days off; I search websites for free or low-cost activities and fairs so I don't put myself in the poor house. But if I don't mix in enough fun stuff, it does get harder to enjoy my situation and my kids.

Ryansmommy713
by Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 2:20 PM

I am a single mom and i have 50/50 custody of our toddler. It's hard but I get a break so I can't really complain about being tired. Mostly just lonely when he's not at home with me. One day you will meet a handsome man who can take some stress off financially and emotionally, don't lose hope! :)

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Aug. 28, 2014 at 2:35 PM

i found it harder to be a Mother when I was married. Divorce improved me as a mother.

RocknRoll.Rose
by Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 7:56 PM

I feel your pain. I'm a single mother raising my 11 year old brother and 1 year old twins. It has been a struggle for me but I prefer it to marriage. 

reading   playing soccer   boy n girl

Melody       Conner Wyatt and Tabitha

Snakecharm
by on Aug. 28, 2014 at 8:09 PM
1 mom liked this
I really don't know how single moms of young kids do it.
Stephd710
by Silver Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 8:15 PM
I like it! I don't find it to be all that hard. My girls will be 4 next month.
Mommaofbrx
by Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 8:18 PM
I know exactly how you feel. I only have 1 (18 months old) but it feels like all I ever do is play with him, work, eat, and sleep. I'm not saying its a bad think because I love playing with my son, but I only get a break once a year. On my birthday my dad will take him so I can go out and celebrate.
diaperstodating
by Queen24Princes on Aug. 28, 2014 at 8:18 PM
Yes it is very hard. I am a mother of four African American boys so in addition to the normal struggles of a single mom I am also very concerned for the safety of my boys I don't want them to be shot by a random stranger or police officer.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)