Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Do you ever feel ashamed to tell someone you're a single mom?

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2014 at 1:35 PM
  • 102 Replies

When you meet someone for the first time and they ask about you, are you ever ashamed to admit that you're a single mom or that you're not married/divorced?

What do you do in those situations?

by on Aug. 28, 2014 at 1:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Nisha929
by Bronze Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 1:47 PM
3 moms liked this

Nope! When I met my current boyfriend I told him from the beginning that I was a single mom of 2.  

krisnkids
by Gold Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 1:53 PM
1 mom liked this

I used to be self concious about it at times but I stopped worrying about it. The only place I have ever not been comfortable is at a few churches I was trying. Thankfully the church I attend now has welcomed myself and my children with open arms. Its actually really cool, my oldest son is starting to really connect with the men in the church.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 28, 2014 at 1:55 PM
2 moms liked this

No why would I be? I am a SMBC in that I choose to use a sperm Bank and a sperm donor. I am thrilled with my choices.  Not ashamed at all.

ANewMe0812
by Bronze Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 2:02 PM
4 moms liked this

I was at first, only because I didn't want to have to answer all of the "what happened?" questions. And now I'm proud to be a single mom.

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Aug. 28, 2014 at 2:40 PM
1 mom liked this

I was like this too.

Quoting ANewMe0812:

I was at first, only because I didn't want to have to answer all of the "what happened?" questions. And now I'm proud to be a single mom.

kay283
by Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 2:43 PM
1 mom liked this
Never. I'm proud that I'm raising my son alone. Nothing shameful in that.
Callaly
by Jessica on Aug. 28, 2014 at 3:23 PM
1 mom liked this

I used to be, mostly because I felt like another statistic, young white mom with a mixed child single.

But now I don't give a crap what other people think lol I am a kick as mom single or not.

Frances0923
by Bronze Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 4:04 PM
2 moms liked this

No. Never. They can kick rocks if their bothered by it

rfhsure
by Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 4:05 PM
No.
Mygirl30248
by Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 4:09 PM

Nope I do not. 

When I met SO I honestly thought he was "the one" he was nice, he was attentive, etc. But once DD was born that all changed. Also I was younger then. After how he treated both of us & how he still treats everyone around him I'm not ashamed. 

I did what was best for DD period & always will. Sadly what is best for her is for us to not be together. SO at the end of our relationship was playing his online games & the girl he has now & has a baby with was from that online game, he wasn't treating us right, he wasn't invested in to fixing our relationship & he clearly showed it & everyone knows it. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)