Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Does it ever get easier?

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2014 at 8:00 PM
  • 31 Replies
2 moms liked this

Some days are better than others, and sometimes I'm ready for the day to end so I can sleep. Its hard sometimes being the only provider, the ONLY everything.My son was recently admitted to the hospital, of course I had to miss work. On top of it all I was sick myself. I've become so numb to the fact that I'm a single mom doing it by myself. I must admit it's made me stronger, but a person can stay srong for but so long. My son comes first, I never do anything because I feel like only i can care for him the way I do. Which is technically right, in the end... sometimes..... I just want to cry, sometimes I need a shoulder to cry on. Am I alone on this ?

This is me and my son Aiyden

by on Aug. 28, 2014 at 8:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Aug. 28, 2014 at 8:51 PM

Is Aiyden still in the hospital?

Kiss and hug him. You are a great Mother to him. I hope he is in better health today.

Renee_Douglas
by Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 8:55 PM
No he's not in the hospital anymore . He was discharged yesterday ! And thank you so much !!!!

Quoting virginiamama71:

Is Aiyden still in the hospital?

Kiss and hug him. You are a great Mother to him. I hope he is in better health today.

WickedPissah
by Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 8:58 PM
What was he in the hospital for?
Renee_Douglas
by Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 9:01 PM
He got a cold and it triggered his asthma . He couldn't breathe
Frances0923
by Bronze Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 9:38 PM
He is one handsome baby. Hugs
ame4c
by Silver Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 10:34 PM
Your an awesome mom but you need to let yourself have time for yourself. You take such good care of your son you are forgetting to take care of you. You have to take care of you so you can be the best mom you can be.

Some things you can do are join a play group. This is good in several ways. Your son gets to play with kids his own age and you and the other moms get to take turns giving each other a couple of "me" hours a month. Another thing you can do is join a church group. They usually meet once a week and provide child care. Then there's a simple peaceful bubble bath when the baby is sleeping or reading a good book. Small things for you.

Hugs and good luck.
moosesmom
by Silver Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 11:19 PM
Glad to hear he's doing better!

I understand feeling like you're the only one who can properly care for your son but girrrrlll, you better put on your best dress, fix that hair and go out and have fun every once and a while! And it doesn't have to be at a bar or club. Go see a movie (Yes, alone), go to dinner (you can do that alone too), go to a museum, shop or stay home and RELAX! Do whatever makes you happy. The secret to holding it together is occasionally stepping away from it all.
He'll survive a few hours without you :-)
moosesmom
by Silver Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 11:25 PM
It doesn't get easier until they can open the fridge and make their own "meals" (cereal). Best moment of my life. Things will get better.
Renee_Douglas
by Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 11:50 PM
Thank you ❤️

Quoting Frances0923: He is one handsome baby. Hugs
Renee_Douglas
by Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 11:51 PM
Thank you, I'm going to try and look up the play groups !!! And even the church, hugs and kisses . This made me smile

Quoting ame4c: Your an awesome mom but you need to let yourself have time for yourself. You take such good care of your son you are forgetting to take care of you. You have to take care of you so you can be the best mom you can be.

Some things you can do are join a play group. This is good in several ways. Your son gets to play with kids his own age and you and the other moms get to take turns giving each other a couple of "me" hours a month. Another thing you can do is join a church group. They usually meet once a week and provide child care. Then there's a simple peaceful bubble bath when the baby is sleeping or reading a good book. Small things for you.

Hugs and good luck.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN