Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

"Baby Mama"

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2014 at 8:35 PM
  • 25 Replies
How do you moms feel when the dad of your child refers to you by that term to someone else?

I got a text from the dad that was meant for his guy friend abd he called me "the baby mama." I know I'm the mom, but I never really liked the term. I don't call him baby daddy. I do think it's more used for a dead beat parent that doesn't really have much of a place in the child's life. So I see it as a term used for a lower standard type parent.
by on Aug. 31, 2014 at 8:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
diaperstodating
by Queen24Princes on Aug. 31, 2014 at 8:47 PM
3 moms liked this
I would rather be called the ex wife. I find it offensive, I don't think anyone should be referred to as a "Baby Mama".
JenniferLynn28
by Member on Aug. 31, 2014 at 8:59 PM
I agree with Ex wife. But what if you were not married? I guess ex girlfriend is good too and that's even if the person considered the girl a girlfriend.

Quoting diaperstodating: I would rather be called the ex wife. I find it offensive, I don't think anyone should be referred to as a "Baby Mama".
ayacocca
by Bronze Member on Aug. 31, 2014 at 9:00 PM
4 moms liked this
My children's mom is what I prefer. Baby mama sounds so cheap.
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Aug. 31, 2014 at 9:09 PM

I have never heard my exh use this word.

and most of the time when I know about someone that says baby mama/daddy they never really had a close relationship with the person so they do not say ex wife/husband/gf/bf.

Mommy2Boys0900
by Unique Yanique on Aug. 31, 2014 at 9:31 PM
I prefer this. I agree, it does sound cheap. I always say, my son's dad/father

Quoting ayacocca: My children's mom is what I prefer. Baby mama sounds so cheap.
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Aug. 31, 2014 at 9:37 PM
I am not fond of the term but I do refer to my sons so called father as donor and I know it pushes peoples buttons
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RLLS
by Member on Aug. 31, 2014 at 9:38 PM
2 moms liked this
I think I would want to punch my ex if he called me his baby mama. To me that is the same as being called a b!tch or a hoe
lalalucylala
by Lillian Justice on Aug. 31, 2014 at 9:51 PM
1 mom liked this
Degrading term.
JenniferLynn28
by Member on Aug. 31, 2014 at 10:05 PM
That's how I see it. He decided one day not to pursue a relationship, but I got pregnant. I told him I did not appreciate being called that at all. He just lol'd. Even though we aren't together I either use his actual name or say the dad..

Quoting RLLS: I think I would want to punch my ex if he called me his baby mama. To me that is the same as being called a b!tch or a hoe
RLLS
by Member on Aug. 31, 2014 at 10:39 PM
To me it's degrading. It makes it seem like I'm sitting around waiting for a welfare or child support check. I work anywhere from 48-60 hours a week (depends on how much overtime I can get) . Call me by my name or the most awesomest mother to my children.

Quoting JenniferLynn28: That's how I see it. He decided one day not to pursue a relationship, but I got pregnant. I told him I did not appreciate being called that at all. He just lol'd. Even though we aren't together I either use his actual name or say the dad..

Quoting RLLS: I think I would want to punch my ex if he called me his baby mama. To me that is the same as being called a b!tch or a hoe
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN