Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Your most stressful purchase to date?

Posted by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 8:21 AM
  • 27 Replies

In your life, what has been or was the most stressful purchase you ever made? Was it with your ex or was it alone?

by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 8:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
grneyedormom
by Kendra on Sep. 23, 2014 at 8:49 AM
Funny enough, it's usually groceries, we are making some major lifestyle changes in our house and my kiddo is becoming slightly picky in what she will and won't eat, which makes shopping harder. Not to mention that the healthier foods are more expensive.
Miss_Magnolia.
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 9:28 AM

Oil heat stresses me out. Every time I refill I hate it and worry I won't get enough.

Callaly
by Jessica on Sep. 23, 2014 at 9:31 AM

Groceries are pretty stessful over here too, I am trying to keep it under a 100$ a week, and I have YET to do it without forgetting something.

Quoting grneyedormom: Funny enough, it's usually groceries, we are making some major lifestyle changes in our house and my kiddo is becoming slightly picky in what she will and won't eat, which makes shopping harder. Not to mention that the healthier foods are more expensive.

Callaly
by Jessica on Sep. 23, 2014 at 9:31 AM

Can't the companies tell you how much is needed?

I know over here the guy just comes and hooks his truck up to our house and fills it till its full.

Quoting Miss_Magnolia.:

Oil heat stresses me out. Every time I refill I hate it and worry I won't get enough.

Miss_Magnolia.
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 9:33 AM

healthier food really isn't that much more expensive once you get used to your budget! Good luck with your changes.

my kids love asparagus. It is more expensive than other vegetables but I get it at least once a week because I'd rather spend money on food that will go in my kids belly than in the trash.

Quoting grneyedormom: Funny enough, it's usually groceries, we are making some major lifestyle changes in our house and my kiddo is becoming slightly picky in what she will and won't eat, which makes shopping harder. Not to mention that the healthier foods are more expensive.

Miss_Magnolia.
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 9:37 AM

I guess they could I just have to keep it to a point where I'm not overdrafting my account too. Its tough to balance.

Quoting Callaly:

Can't the companies tell you how much is needed?

I know over here the guy just comes and hooks his truck up to our house and fills it till its full.

Quoting Miss_Magnolia.:

diaperstodating
by Queen24Princes on Sep. 23, 2014 at 9:40 AM
The piano. My ex husband didn't even play the piano when he purchased it. He took lessons after buying it (he plays really well now). He made payments for years, it costed as much as a car! It's at my house. He said he is going to teach my boys or pay for lessons.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 23, 2014 at 9:44 AM

Our new house. It's the initial investment that has me a bit frazzled (since I don't have it and need it this week, despite working more overtime than I care to admit), but once we're in I think we'll be fine bill-wise. I've carried the majority of the financial load for well over a year with money left over and now we have one less (adult) to care for!  After that, yes, groceries will be a consideration. They are SO expensive and kids go through them like we breathe oxygen. 

Hiker11
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 9:46 AM
Rent. It's the most expensive bill and it eats up a good 60-70% of one of my pay checks. I love where we live but it costs so much more than other places nearby. The lease isn't up until next July though and even then I may stay one more year until Jeremy is out of elementary school.
Mygirl30248
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 9:58 AM

I'd have to say vehicles any of them LOL 

The most stressful was not with my ex as when we were together I didn't handle the finances I was stay at home mom & he handled them (bad mistake).

Now I buy my own cars & people want stupid amounts of money for used vehicles that are all rusted out, not inspected, etc I looked in Uncle Henry's & Craigslist for months before stumbling upon a good deal I've had to do it twice now. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)