Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Divorced Moms..

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies

How long did it take you to fully be over your husband? And to be ok again?

I was with my ex husband since I was 14. He left about four months ago, filed for divorce, and we finalize it next month. Everytime I see him my heart just aches. How long will this go on!? I cant take it..

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 23, 2014 at 10:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jessiet143
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 10:23 AM

I'm sorry to hear that :(

It took me very little time to get over my divorce because I initiated it. I was done and I felt extremely free when it was over. I'd say let yourself grieve, there is a void and an absence of course you are going to feel it. I dont think there is ever a standard time where you should "be over it" by. You will know in your heart when you are ok again. let yourself heal

TaylorBaby
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 10:25 AM

i was over my husband before we seperated, it was a very hard relationship. both of us just stopped caring.

Callaly
by Jessica on Sep. 23, 2014 at 10:29 AM

4 months is no time at all, just accept your emotions and allow yourself to feel what you need to feel. Getting over someone is hard, esp if he is the only person you have ever known (I will assume that because you were so young when you met)

Everyone heals at their own pace!

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 1:23 PM

how long was that?

i was over my ex husband prob before we split but i was not over the damage for like 10 years. i did not want him EVER but i had issues with commitment in general.

mrsary
by Gold Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 1:29 PM
This, but I am 5 years in the divorce.

Quoting faerie75:

how long was that?

i was over my ex husband prob before we split but i was not over the damage for like 10 years. i did not want him EVER but i had issues with commitment in general.

sid1083
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 7:10 PM

Couple years to feel whole again.

idomatter
by Bronze Member on Sep. 24, 2014 at 10:41 AM

Relationship and marriage=10 years

Over it after our final breakup?=3 years

mindmatter2009
by on Sep. 26, 2014 at 1:48 AM

I'm so sorry to hear about your situation, friend. It's certainly a traumatic experience no matter what the cause. Have you considered getting in touch with a counselor? It might be helpful. I just said a prayer for you and hope God fills you with His comfort and peace :).

mindovermatter

Bjjohnst
by on Sep. 27, 2014 at 7:17 PM
I initiated my divorce so it wasn't hard. It has been much harder to get over my first relationship since the divorce. My new life that I put together after the divorce has fallen apart. Any separation is difficult especially when you have to keep seeing them and it wasn't your choice. Try redecorating your bedroom so you have a place for yourself and it won't be a constant memory of where you shared so many years together.
Hiker11
by on Sep. 27, 2014 at 7:21 PM
I second the bedroom makeover. I did that and it has helped a lot. It's my space and not once do I ever refer to it as our bedroom because of the makeover.

Quoting Bjjohnst: I initiated my divorce so it wasn't hard. It has been much harder to get over my first relationship since the divorce. My new life that I put together after the divorce has fallen apart. Any separation is difficult especially when you have to keep seeing them and it wasn't your choice. Try redecorating your bedroom so you have a place for yourself and it won't be a constant memory of where you shared so many years together.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)