Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Court yesterday

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies
I had court yesterday against my ex husband, it was for when he attacked me in the street. He got pled down to simple assault, they had me and the arresting officer there. His lawyer was not happy and told the judge that he is now going to have.to pay over $1000 in child support (he had 2 other kids along with mine), and now I want him to pay more money. The judge gave him 30 days in jail, unsupervised probation, plus the fees for his lawyer and $500 for an anger management class. When I got home I got a call from child support and they said he has to pay $360 for my daughter. I'm so glad this is over now to move on to my divorce.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 23, 2014 at 11:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
faerie75
by Ruby Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 1:22 PM

good luck!

does he have supervised visits?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 23, 2014 at 1:45 PM
He has no visitation right now, he has not even contacted me to ask about her. I was going to give him some visitation but when I went to pick up mine and my daughter's stuff he had put all of her stuff in the closest and it was as if she never existed. So I decided unless he asked I was not going to offer, he was never a father anyway.

Quoting faerie75:

good luck!

rachel216
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 1:51 PM
Good for you
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 23, 2014 at 1:58 PM
His lawyer told me I shouldn't ruin his life over one small thing. The DA asked me if this was the first time and I told her no, she said this is not one small thing that this was the first time he got caught and that they were going to drop it he, needed to be held responsible for what he did. I love that DA lol.

Quoting rachel216: Good for you
faerie75
by Ruby Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 1:58 PM

how sad for her :(

Quoting Anonymous 1: He has no visitation right now, he has not even contacted me to ask about her. I was going to give him some visitation but when I went to pick up mine and my daughter's stuff he had put all of her stuff in the closest and it was as if she never existed. So I decided unless he asked I was not going to offer, he was never a father anyway.
Quoting faerie75:

good luck!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 23, 2014 at 2:12 PM
It is and I feel bad for her, but thank goodness her godfather has been there for her.

Quoting faerie75:

how sad for her :(

Quoting Anonymous 1: He has no visitation right now, he has not even contacted me to ask about her. I was going to give him some visitation but when I went to pick up mine and my daughter's stuff he had put all of her stuff in the closest and it was as if she never existed. So I decided unless he asked I was not going to offer, he was never a father anyway.
Quoting faerie75:

good luck!

rachel216
by Bronze Member on Sep. 24, 2014 at 8:53 AM
Quoting Anonymous 1: His lawyer told me I shouldn't ruin his life over one small thing. The DA asked me if this was the first time and I told her no, she said this is not one small thing that this was the first time he got caught and that they were going to drop it he, needed to be held responsible for what he did. I love that DA lol.

That's awesome! I love it when DA or judges actually care and do their jobs! I had a substitute judge and she tore my ex a new one ! I loved it
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 24, 2014 at 12:30 PM
Oh I loved it lol, him and his brother were pissed lol

Quoting rachel216:
Quoting Anonymous 1: His lawyer told me I shouldn't ruin his life over one small thing. The DA asked me if this was the first time and I told her no, she said this is not one small thing that this was the first time he got caught and that they were going to drop it he, needed to be held responsible for what he did. I love that DA lol.

That's awesome! I love it when DA or judges actually care and do their jobs! I had a substitute judge and she tore my ex a new one ! I loved it
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)