Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New mom must haves?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies

I'm going to be a new, single, first time mom in March and I couldn't be more excited! My friends are already asking what's on the new baby wish list. Well I started looking at the tons of items available on the different registries and I got a little overwhelmed.

So figured, who better to ask than all the people on the Parents Network. If you could pick one item that you absolutely couldn't do without during pregnancy, at childbirth and as a new parent, what would it be? (Well, in all fairness, it could be 3 separate items since all three scenarios are different.)

Look forward to hearing your responses!! 

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 23, 2014 at 1:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
diaperstodating
by Queen24Princes on Sep. 23, 2014 at 1:47 PM
In my opinion only baby clothes, a coarsest and diapers are an immediate "need" unless you are formula feeding them you "need" bottles and formula.
idomatter
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 1:53 PM

A sling or baby carrier for your body. Plus somewhere to set him down in your kitchen like a bouncy chair or those baby papasans. You DO need to eat, drink, pee, grocery shop, etc. Much easier to do if you can strap him onto your body and use two hands, or set him down near you so you can make the bottles.

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 2:00 PM

forget a crib lol you may need one later but not now. or a changing table. i only store things on mine.

i needed a car seat, a boppy, and a pump. and diapers and wipes. and a swing. and a stroller. maybe an ergo baby.

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 2:02 PM

some ppl think boppy's are a waste but i loved mine for nursing positioning and putting teh baby on when he fell asleep. he is almost 18 months and still goes to it and relaxes on it.

iluvmybabe
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 3:43 PM
For me, I loved having a formula dispenser. It has 3 sections so all you do is pre-fill the dispenser and pour the formula into the bottle when your ready. Also a stroller. Car seat. Always keep the diaper bag stocked. Blankets for laying baby on the floor so they can play. Bottles. Baby monitor. Good diapers.
tezell78
by on Sep. 24, 2014 at 6:13 AM
A boppy
A snugli, or baby sling
Clothes, diapers, something to help bath time be less stressful, (newborns+water+soap= baby oil on black ice type slippery)
Lansinol if you plan on breast feeding
A bouncer chair type thing to put baby in while you cook shower ect.
Callaly
by Jessica on Sep. 24, 2014 at 8:15 AM

A bouncy/vibrating chair was a MUST for me and DD. A pack'n'play was also a must because I would put it next to my bed and she would sleep in there or in my bed for the first few months. I alot of recieving blankets are needed, onesies and pjs, a pump if you plan to breastfeed or bottles if you want to FF

themrsrick
by on Sep. 24, 2014 at 11:37 AM
A baby carrier, a car seat, clothes, and diapers. It really doesn't take much to take care of a baby.
LifeCafe42
by on Sep. 25, 2014 at 12:06 AM
Boppy, sling, my favorite was a safe and secure sleeper, car seat (I went straight for a convertible since I wore him) diapers wipes clothes swaddle blanket
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cjsmom1
by Group Admin on Sep. 25, 2014 at 12:54 AM

Diapers and wipes are a must. You will go through so amny of those things it's unbelievable.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)