Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

They probably think I am a pushover (work related)

Posted by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 1:22 PM
  • 9 Replies

At work I am pretty easy going, I normally do more then I have to and I never take credit for it. I pick up the slack of my coworker a lot too. I have been having a pretty hard time with this lately and have been looking for another job because of the issue with my co worker and its 30km one way to get to work.

But today I think that I tought them that I am NOT a pushover and just not to mess with me and it feels so good!!

This Co worker of mine doesn't like to do any extra, I had sent an email to a customer, and it came back because I had heard F instead of S for the email, my co worker asked if I had sent it to the customer, and I told her yes but it was returned (this is in the middle of me doing something else for a customers account) she then started telling me the correct email address, I asked co worker "Can't you send it?"

She flipped, sent an email to my other co worker saying "I SUGGEST U TELL HER TO STOP WITH HER FKN ATTITUDE CAUSE I WILL SOON LOSE IT ON HER .. Tell her now if she knows whats good for her"

I just had a satisfying meeting with my Boss.

Do you think that I handled it well? If this co worker took my reply as attitude I would have much rathered her come talk to me, but she didn't, so I went her route and talked directly to my boss.

by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 1:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
krisnkids
by Gold Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 1:24 PM

I think you handled it perfectly. Good job. How's the job search going.

Callaly
by Jessica on Oct. 15, 2014 at 1:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Its going.. I have found a job that I think would be perfect.. and its closer to home, I am doing some online testing for them this evening, fingers crossed I get it. So far they seem to like me.

Quoting krisnkids:

I think you handled it perfectly. Good job. How's the job search going.

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 4:23 PM

sounds fine to me and id also stop going out of my way for her.

wendythewriter
by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 4:29 PM

I think you handled it perfectly. She put it in writing, and you took it to higher ups. That's the ideal situation. Well, ideal would be no conflict at all, but if there's got to be conflict, then this is the ideal way to resolve it. lol

Callaly
by Jessica on Oct. 15, 2014 at 7:14 PM
That's an obvious, I will never cover or deal with something for her again.

Quoting faerie75:

sounds fine to me and id also stop going out of my way for her.

Callaly
by Jessica on Oct. 15, 2014 at 7:16 PM
I dislike confrontation but I just couldn't let this slide, my boss is a dummy tho and After this situation I am pretty confident with my choice to look for a new job

Quoting wendythewriter:

I think you handled it perfectly. She put it in writing, and you took it to higher ups. That's the ideal situation. Well, ideal would be no conflict at all, but if there's got to be conflict, then this is the ideal way to resolve it. lol

lalalucylala
by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 9:29 PM
its always one person on the job that's an asshole. But you handled yourself well. A lot of unstable coworkers try to test good people.
LifeCafe42
by on Oct. 16, 2014 at 12:28 AM
I think you handled it well. Good luck for the new job
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cjsmom1
by Group Admin on Oct. 17, 2014 at 4:21 PM

Good luck with your job search. It sounds like your coworker is just made you didn't do their job for them

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)