Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ebola scare

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
What do you guys think about the Ebola scare? Are you constantly washing your hands as if you had a disorder? Are you scared to fly?are you afraid of who comes in contact with you or your kids? I need to do some more research on how this virus started.We really need to protect ourselves more. This virus could be lingering around anywhere.Not trying to be facetious but this sounds like something from a Syfy movie.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 15, 2014 at 9:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Oct. 15, 2014 at 9:36 PM

Nothing has changed for us. I have read some online to learn more.

MomToNeeners
by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 10:53 PM
I'm a nurse and nothing has changed. I am embarrassed by the nurse that didn't think and went on a plane to do wedding crap. If you're being monitored for a deadly viral infection, travel is obviously a bad choice.
LifeCafe42
by on Oct. 16, 2014 at 12:09 AM
2 moms liked this
I'm a nurse we have our precautions and procedure. There is no use being scared it is more important to be informed and educated
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
just4ds10ee
by Bronze Member on Oct. 16, 2014 at 8:06 PM

I am not only a nurse but I work at a surgical clinic that has Emory hospital if you go to the left of us and the CDC is to the right of us... every patient coming in ask are we on HIGH ALERT... my response is we are in the best location we can be from the standpoint that there are currenlty only FOUR hopitals in this country ( Emory is one ) that are actually equipped with a decontamination unit with capability to adequately care for an Ebola patient..either facility are only 2 minutes away... other that to become as informed as much as possible not much else has changed...

GoldenLinds
by on Oct. 16, 2014 at 8:11 PM
On my list of thing to worry about erthquakes rate higher than ebola... and I live I Arkansas where earthquakes are basically unheard of.
quickbooksworm
by Bronze Member on Oct. 16, 2014 at 8:18 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm not in healthcare and don't come into contact with body fluids so I'm not concerned. I'm more concerned about the people panicking over it.
diaperstodating
by Queen24Princes on Oct. 16, 2014 at 9:56 PM

I'm not sure how I feel, but I know I don't like it being in my backyard (Maryland).

cjsmom1
by Group Admin on Oct. 17, 2014 at 1:03 AM

I haven't let the fear od ebola run my life

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 17, 2014 at 2:08 AM

Only thing I am doing is washing our hands more but it has nothing to do with Ebola. We always wash our hands more this time of year.

labrax
by on Jan. 2, 2015 at 9:42 AM
1 mom liked this

It was very frightening for me. Thankfully, it was contained and Nigeria's ebola free.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)