Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What Do You Think Of This?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 21 Replies

"Family" situation - my exhusband and I have a daughter together. His current girlfriend has two adopted kids (a 3 year old girl and a 6 year old boy). She also has children that she is fostering (not sure if that is the right word). She dresses my daughter (who is 5 years old) and the 3 year old adopted daughter alike ALL THE TIME. Everytime I see pictures of them, they are dressed in the exact same outfit and their hair is done the exact same way. Thoughts?

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 24, 2014 at 12:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Zipcrystal
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 1:10 PM

It's cute to match at times. I don't care what my son is dressed in, as long as he is dressed. Does him dressing her that way bother you?

krisnkids
by Gold Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 1:10 PM
2 moms liked this

She's treating your daughter as one of the family? Maybe your daughter likes matching with the 3 year old. It may be irritating for you but if it's dad's time there is nothing you can do about it or should do about it.

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Nov. 24, 2014 at 2:15 PM

It's ok 

brieri
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 6:24 PM

Your daughter will tell you anything you want to here.  So be prepared for any and all inevitables.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2014 at 11:14 PM
1 mom liked this

Where exactly did this comment come from? And by the way, you spelled "hear" wrong.

Quoting brieri:

Your daughter will tell you anything you want to here.  So be prepared for any and all inevitables.

LifeCafe42
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 11:42 PM
If it bothers your daughter tell her to speak up
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cjsmom1
by Group Admin on Nov. 25, 2014 at 2:01 AM

As long as she's in clean clothes and well taken care of that's all that matters. How long have her and dad been dating? If it's a new relationship I'd find it a little weird, but wouldn't stress about it.

achorney
by on Nov. 25, 2014 at 11:41 AM

I think it's great all the children are treated like one family unit, not like they're all blended. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 25, 2014 at 11:48 AM

They've been together for 8 months but moved in together after 3 months. They recently has professional pictures taken and my daughter and her daughter looked like twins (except for the fact that they have different colored hair and are different ages). She does other things that seem as if she's trying to make it seem like my daughter is her daughter.

Quoting cjsmom1:

As long as she's in clean clothes and well taken care of that's all that matters. How long have her and dad been dating? If it's a new relationship I'd find it a little weird, but wouldn't stress about it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 25, 2014 at 11:51 AM

It's not that they're treating it like one family unit. She's acting as if she is my daughter's biological mother. They have even asked my daughter if she wants to call his gf "mom".

Quoting achorney:

I think it's great all the children are treated like one family unit, not like they're all blended. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)